Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the look of this, but comments out there so far suggest this game runs long. Does it outstay its welcome?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Walth
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
The Mountain That Drums
mbmbmbmbmb
Its only a 30-45 min game. It moves fairly quickly, but it depends on who you like to play with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
AWTama wrote:
Its only a 30-45 min game. It moves fairly quickly, but it depends on who you like to play with.

"Filler" .. it depends how big the gaps are .. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chalker
United States
Silver Spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
I like the look of this, but comments out there so far suggest this game runs long. Does it outstay its welcome?

I wouldn't call it filler myself. Medium weight in a small box. Lots of tough decisions to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say it is a filler - not as tight as Love Letter or Coup which play fast, but TM has more layers. Still, I'm hoping 45 minutes is the upper end of play time and most games wind up in the 30 minute range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Absurd Nerd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Played this last night. Definitely not a filler. It is too long for what it is. At a shorter length it would be ok, but as it is I just wanted it to end quicker. This mechanic in a bigger game would be great. Like in a dungeon crawler where the dice are the loot you get and then you have to split it once you get out of the dungeon.
Won't be a game I will play again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, a "filler" should play in about 20 minutes.

If this plays in a half hour plus, then I would not put it into the filler catagory.
Sounds more like a mid weight game to me.

I am still looking forward to it either way, but it is good to know that it will not play in 20 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played the game three times now. I consider it a light game. No one in our group would say this game was more than light - the definition of filler is subject to how much time you have to fill, I suppose.

It usually takes 35-45 minutes to play but not longer. It has interesting decisions to make and every turn is interactive and fast, keeping players engaged the whole time.

This is probably my favorite TMG game after Scoville and one of the better filler games I have. Well done, TMG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
To me, a "filler" should play in about 20 minutes.

If this plays in a half hour plus, then I would not put it into the filler catagory.
Sounds more like a mid weight game to me.

I'd agree with that, though I consider up to 30 minutes a filler. This game still doesn't fit into that. My game was just over 50 minutes, 5 minutes of that was looking up some unfamiliar symbols. So maybe 10 minutes a player is a good estimate.

This puts it a bit long for a lunch game, took a lot of prodding to get people to commit to decisions, there's a lot to deliberate on when taking dice. I think it works great as a nightcap though, when you just have an hour left and want to whip out something with very little setup that moves quickly, tough decisions but not too much to think on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.