Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikolaj Laczynski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone about the solo variant in this game?
Will it be the same one as in the original version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question, I'd like to know as well. I preordered having never played 51st State or New Era, so the only reference I have is Imperial Settlers. IS doesn't have a lot of player interaction though, so a straight port of that solo mode won't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
The lack of solo and lack of multiplayer partners were the only reasons I traded the original version of this away. I think it's a fantastic game and would likely buy into the Master Set if it had a fun solitaire mode (I didn't get much out of original solo variant).

Edit: I see that the $30,000 stretch goal is a solo variant. I wonder how it compares to the original solo variant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan, there are solo rules included in the rulebook no matter if that stretch goal is met or not. You can see the rulebook on Portal's website.

The stretch goal is for an additional set of "advanced" solo rules per an email I received from Portal after I inquired. No specific details were given though, so I have no idea what they involve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mo7189 wrote:
Ryan, there are solo rules included in the rulebook no matter if that stretch goal is met or not. You can see the rulebook on Portal's website.

The stretch goal is for an additional set of "advanced" solo rules per an email I received from Portal after I inquired. No specific details were given though, so I have no idea what they involve.

Thank you for answering the question I didn't have the opportunity to ask

-rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
/|\ Roland /|\
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
The lack of solo and lack of multiplayer partners were the only reasons I traded the original version of this away. I think it's a fantastic game and would likely buy into the Master Set if it had a fun solitaire mode (I didn't get much out of original solo variant).

Edit: I see that the $30,000 stretch goal is a solo variant. I wonder how it compares to the original solo variant?

Seeing as how that have not reached 30,000 yet, they may not release any details until they know they can include it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.