Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I often subscribe to a geeklist, and when someone adds a new geeklist item, it gets put in between previously posted items, rather than adding on at the end. How/why does this happen and is there any way to make all future new posts at the end of previous posted items?

I am not referring to comments. I am referring to the items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The geeklist owner selects the ordering method, e.g. sorted alphabetically, sorted by rank, or sorted by time the item was created in the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slightly Alive
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The creator of a geeklist has the following four sort options:

Normal: This is what you want. New items get added at the end. It can also be click/dragged to create a custom order by editing the geeklist as a whole.
Rank: New items get added into the list by their rank. Highest rank on top.
Average: Dunno, never used it. Probably ranks games by their average rating.
Title: Alphabetical order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much. I wish everyone picked normal! It is sooo much easier to locate new items!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which ordering is best depends on the type/motive of geeklist. E.g. if it's intended as a useful reference catalog of games with some particular property (e.g. solitaire WW2 wargames) which the community is invited to add to so it will be as complete as possible, then having it sorted by title is typically best, so you can easily find if a game you're thinking of added is already on the list.

Ideally, viewers would be able to dynamically sort by the various methods, but sadly that feature is not there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
While 'moi' doesn't LISTS, then there was a time when up to 25 LIST items could become further 'modified' by the Owner, including NOT allowing anything at all added, besides thumbsup on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.