Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am finally getting pretty excited about this game. I had pledged (I think it was an early bird) and then bailed and then got back in at the last minute. I was feeling so-so (I often get buyers/backers remorse) after the backing. Not that I didn't think it was a cool concept, but I already have Level 7 and I have Zombicide and this sort of feels like their stepchild (among other games).

I then thought about it as I was painting my gazillion Zombicide figures the other night. I love the sci-fi genre and I love the ease of Zombicide's play. I really like the ability to play a game solo too, although it's not my preferred way to play, so why wouldn't I love this?

So now I'm pretty excited about the game again. While I have looked through the preliminary rule book, I didn't study it. Will there be a linked campaign of some sort and if there is, will it be playable solo?

I'm sure if there isn't, one of the brilliant people here will create one anyway, but just thought I'd ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Joseph (Jam) Ibanez III
Philippines
Taguig
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dophin26 wrote:
I am finally getting pretty excited about this game. I had pledged (I think it was an early bird) and then bailed and then got back in at the last minute. I was feeling so-so (I often get buyers/backers remorse) after the backing. Not that I didn't think it was a cool concept, but I already have Level 7 and I have Zombicide and this sort of feels like their stepchild (among other games).

I then thought about it as I was painting my gazillion Zombicide figures the other night. I love the sci-fi genre and I love the ease of Zombicide's play. I really like the ability to play a game solo too, although it's not my preferred way to play, so why wouldn't I love this?

So now I'm pretty excited about the game again. While I have looked through the preliminary rule book, I didn't study it. Will there be a linked campaign of some sort and if there is, will it be playable solo?

I'm sure if there isn't, one of the brilliant people here will create one anyway, but just thought I'd ask.

Looked at the rulebook again, while it doesn't give any details as to the missions, it does say that you have choices as to missions or campaigns in the setup. Based on that, I'd assume there is a linked campaign. In any case, I think the game is open enough that people would be able to make custom scenarios/campaigns like you said. Also, since its 1-6 players, the campaign, if there is one with the game, would also be probably playable solo (unless by solo you mean, using only character, in which case I really don't know).

Hope the creator gives us answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane D
msg tools
I believe they have said that missions link up to create 3 to 4 mission campaigns. There is an area called the refuge that is used between missions to rest up and random good and bad events happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, apparently there will be a campaign variant with a "town", the aforementioned refuge, and either linked missions or random missions. in either case with some character development. How deep or how far this will go I don't know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
There's 10 missions in the core game, split into 2x 4 mission campaigns and 2 stand alone scenarios. Any of the 10 missions can be played as a single scenario if you're not looking for a long game, but playing the campaigns will make the missions work a little differently. Take one the first campaigns "Best of a Terrible Situation". After the first mission, the campaign will branch and you'll be able to choose your next mission, either "Bug Hunt" where you'll be tasked with exterminating a nest of Geps or "Signs of Life" in which the survivors have found other crews members that need rescuing. Depending on which mission you complete, the final mission "A Brisk Pace" will change. If you completed "Bug Hunt", you'll be allowed to remove 2 radar tokens from the board. If you completed "Signs of Life" one of the crew that you rescued gives you a code that will allow you to remove one of the events from the Event Deck for the final mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.