Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
We have traveled some distance down the road of how much Gods War will cost, at least on the Kickstarter. So, first off, let me say that everything I say here is subject to change! I cannot be held to it, in case our manufacturer or our sculptors or for that matter our concept artists suddenly increase costs. But our plan is to price it in this way, subject to the vagaries of fate and economics. Also note that we do keep our eyes on whether or not we can reduce prices - which we would do if our costs unexpectedly lowered.

We are believers in the theory that if we can reduce our prices, we will increase our sales by more than the proportional difference, so while this is a selfish theory from our point of view, it also benefits y'all. However, at no point will we decrease quality of the game components. Making it "cheaper" is only acceptable if it goes along with unchanged or even improved material.

Again note that these are estimated Kickstarter campaign prices - everything will be more expensive on store shelves.

THE CORE PLEDGE $100. Contains the core game, with everything needed to play. Also entitles you to all stretch goals.

THE EVERYTHING PLEDGE $350. Contains ALL of the stuff being produced for this kickstarter, a total of 9 boxes. At the moment it includes 166 figures. Once all stretch goals are met, it will include 198 figures by my estimate.

This is a significant drop in cost from Cthulhu Wars, yet it contains figures that are, on the average, larger than Cthulhu Wars – many of the figures in Cthulhu Wars were cultists. In Gods War, we have no cultists. The factions have no “universal” unit, though buildings come close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What stuff like the Plastic Buildings, etc? Is the plan for those to be included in the $350 pledge, or will they be a purchased add-on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Guerrero
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Will there be any kind of Early Birds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Swan
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any chance of a counter only version, possibly as a one off under the Kickstarter?

I love Glorantha. But figures don't do much for me and the limit on my games collection is storage space.

And eliminating the figures would make it cheaper as well as well as smaller, thus boosting take up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alberto_gm87 wrote:

Noooo, we don't believe in Early Birds but there may be a freebie for pre-registering on our newsletter *wink wink*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
alberto_gm87 wrote:

Noooo, we don't believe in Early Birds but there may be a freebie for pre-registering on our newsletter *wink wink*

ooooo, Glow Nysalor/Gbaji? Or Darkness Kyger Litor (13 versions available)?

(would that be the same newsletter as for Cthulhu Wars?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
What stuff like the Plastic Buildings, etc? Is the plan for those to be included in the $350 pledge, or will they be a purchased add-on?

Sandy - our plan is that the "everything" pledge really and truly is Everything. I am eminently tired of having our all-in pledge not really be what it says, and then I have to explain to people why it's not. I have put my foot down. Never again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominic Swan wrote:
Is there any chance of a counter only version, possibly as a one off under the Kickstarter?

I love Glorantha. But figures don't do much for me and the limit on my games collection is storage space.

And eliminating the figures would make it cheaper as well as well as smaller, thus boosting take up.

No such plan. I like the cool figures, and the game is already decreased significantly in price. Anyway, we are doing a PnP version for people to test-drive so I don't think it's an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Prophet
United Kingdom
London
Camden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:

THE EVERYTHING PLEDGE $350. Contains ALL of the stuff being produced for this kickstarter, a total of 9 boxes. At the moment it includes 166 figures. Once all stretch goals are met, it will include 198 figures by my estimate.

This is a significant drop in cost from Cthulhu Wars, yet it contains figures that are, on the average, larger than Cthulhu Wars – many of the figures in Cthulhu Wars were cultists. In Gods War, we have no cultists. The factions have no “universal” unit, though buildings come close.

*drool*

I couldn't come to terms with the 700 for Cthulhu Wars all in (Onslaught 2 backer, got the main game, super excited to get it to the table when I find a playgroup in London), but I can justify 350 all in for sure .

This makes me very very happy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandy Petersen wrote:
AdamStarks wrote:

Sandy - our plan is that the "everything" pledge really and truly is Everything. I am eminently tired of having our all-in pledge not really be what it says, and then I have to explain to people why it's not. I have put my foot down. Never again.

Most excellent - I'll be there on May 9th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
the artificer
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I am totally unfamiliar with Glorantha, but if it looks as good and plays as smoothly as Cthulhu Wars I'm going to try like hells to buy all-in on this. (the less said about NOT initially informing my wife about CW Onslaught 2, the better. )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Pitpipo wrote:

Yay, EBs are bullhonky. Are people who signed up to the Petersen Games newsletter for the Cthulhu Wars Onslaught Two campaign already pre-registered?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hemulen wrote:

ooooo, Glow Nysalor/Gbaji? Or Darkness Kyger Litor (13 versions available)?

Even though I've been reading this games forum for awhile now it still seems so surreal to see people talking about Kyger Litor in a boardgame -- and that wasn't made 35 years ago too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is something even more surreal. Kyger Litor's stats in-game:

Hellmother; Greater God Kyger Litor

Cost 4; must have a Temple, Ziggurat, or Castle of Lead in play.

Combat equals 8 minus the number of core Darkness units in your unit pool (there are 8 such units, so the more that are in play, the higher Kyger Litor's combat rises).

Special Ability (Gather phase) Nocturnal Raids: if Kyger Litor is in play, spawn a free Troll in an Area containing an enemy building.

There you have it. And if you look in the Images section of the Gods War entry, you can see our concept art for Kyger Litor (the Hellmother) as well.

I guess this is what, the 16th printing of Kyger Litor? She and her cult have been done and redone more than any other cult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and what of the Giant Trolls that became extinct during Gods War? cool
you need big units to build high walls on that Castle of Lead (how's the concept art going for the Castle?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Guerrero
Spain
Sevilla
Sevilla
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Pitpipo wrote:
alberto_gm87 wrote:

And how do i register in this newsletter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alberto_gm87 wrote:
Pitpipo wrote:
alberto_gm87 wrote:

And how do i register in this newsletter?

http://petersengames.com/newsletter/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie L

New Jersey
msg tools
It's good to hear that the all-in cost will be significantly less than CW's (though still rather healthy!); I'm particularly hopeful that the MSRP of the base game doesn't increase too far past $100, as keep to around that mark would reduce the likelihood of reviewers fixating on the cost of the game.

I hope that Glorantha gets all of the critical praise that it deserves, which is something that I don't think happened with CW; it's not that CW wasn't generally positively reviewed, but I want reviewers like The Dice Tower to really wax poetic about it like they do with most FFG releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will be the game translated to Spanish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ross
Scotland
Motherwell
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I'd better start saving!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buckley
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Are we still on for May 9th for the KS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Curwen

New York
msg tools
I think I can do $350, as for storage, my Cthulhu Wars expansions are stacked in their cargo boxes next to the TV in the living room!!! Hope I can make some space...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this was subject to change. And it did.

However, it's still cheaper than CW! And it's still mega huge minis! (There are SIX minis in the core set which have 100mm bases!). By comparison, ZERO minis in the CW core set had 100mm bases!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this was subject to change. And it did.

However, it's still cheaper than CW! And it's still mega huge minis! (There are SIX minis in the core set which have 100mm bases!). By comparison, ZERO minis in the CW core set had 100mm bases!
So what's the new value? $400? $500? One dollar less than CW?

I'll understand if you can't reveal it until the Kickstarter happens, but at least an estimate would be appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the news letter is to go by, I would believe at least the base pledge increased by $25. With strong dollar and shipping costs, this is going to get expensive.
news letter wrote:
sign up for any named pledge at or above the $125 level, then along with your other rewards we will ship you a free sculpt of Arachne Solara, greatest of the greater gods (and a value of $25).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.