Assault on Doomrock» Forums » General

Subject: Which version do i have? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game and I am trying to determine which version I have.

According to the site I bought it from it says I got the second edition. But based on what I am reading I think I got the first.

At first I thought I got the second one because I couldn't tell the difference between the expansion mushroom hills and the base. Upon further inspection the global effect is different. (If someone can tell me which one is the right one that would be great.

Also, my beasts of doom don't have the "yourself" modifier which from one of the threads I read it is part of the second edition. "Remove all expose markers from yourself".

How much am I missing without the second edition... And what are my options? I feel disappointed because I saw the second edition on the website and ordered that.

Edit: This has been resolved! Thanks Boardgamebliss for the great customer service. Would definitely will be buying from them again in the future!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, look at it this way: if you really like the game and buy the expansion it comes with all the upgraded cards for 1st edition. lol

If I'm not mistaken the rulebook says second edition on the cover. I can confirm once I get home from work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
Well, look at it this way: if you really like the game and buy the expansion it comes with all the upgraded cards for 1st edition. lol

If I'm not mistaken the rulebook says second edition on the cover. I can confirm once I get home from work.

I got the expansion... But it only told me to replace 2 cards... Mushroom hill and the zombie AI card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You have the second edition if on the front page of the rulebook it says "Rulebook of Doom (second print)". Can't you send the game back if you got the wrong edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second edition of the game already has the correct cards upgraded so most of the "upgrade" cards from the expansion don't get used if I recall correctly.

But the point is, if you've got the expansion, whether you have the 1st or 2nd edition then doesn't matter. As long as you follow the instructions in the expansion rulebook for replacing the cards, you'll be fine.

I got both 2nd edition and the expansion at the same time and didn't have an issue. If you search the forum there are a few threads that break down the card counts and that can help you as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Simpson
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The back of the box at the bottom, next to age says "Second Print" and the rules say the same on the cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Deltaz
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... I got the first edition .
And the expansion, didn't come with the replacements. I think you are taking about the upgrade kit. I will try to contact the seller and see what we can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:

The upgrade kit was a Kickstarter exclusive and won't come with the retail version of the expansion (it comes with just 2 cards that replaced old ones for the base game).
However, maybe the store you bought the expansion from has some upgrades if they got them through KS? If not, your best chance is to contact BD games and see if they have some left for you to order.
Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just for your information:

Tom Stasiak wrote:
WHAT IS CONTAINED IN THE UPGRADE PACK?

64 card deck of small cards. Within these 64 cards the last years promo material is contained (The 8 items. These are included by default in the second edition base game). Second edition rulebook.

Tom Stasiak wrote:
You need to replace the old cards from first edition with the cards from the upgrade pack, do not mix them. There will be no easy way to tell them apart if you do that.

The upgrade pack was also included in the second edition of the basegame:

Tom Stasiak wrote:
WHY IS ONE OF THE DECKS FROM THE BASE GAME SUCH A MESS?

One of the 64 card decks in the base game will include cards from many types and will require sorting. I apologize about this. This is the upgrade pack deck and it was an effective way to produce it. Sort it with passion, friends. And forgive me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kha Od Dro wrote:
The upgrade pack was also included in the second edition of the basegame:

Tom Stasiak wrote:
WHY IS ONE OF THE DECKS FROM THE BASE GAME SUCH A MESS?

One of the 64 card decks in the base game will include cards from many types and will require sorting. I apologize about this. This is the upgrade pack deck and it was an effective way to produce it. Sort it with passion, friends. And forgive me.
Oh... So, I was supposed to replace some of the cards?! That's odd. I checked all of the component counts in the rules and it didn't seem to me that I was supposed to remove anything from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jhaelen wrote:
Oh... So, I was supposed to replace some of the cards?! That's odd. I checked all of the component counts in the rules and it didn't seem to me that I was supposed to remove anything from the game.

If you have:

The second edition -> Replace nothing

The second edition + Expansion -> Replace some cards of the base game with cards of the expansion like described in the rulebook of the expansion.

The first edition + Upgrade Pack -> Replace the cards of the base game with the cards of the Upgrade Pack.

The first edition + Upgrade Pack + Expansion -> Replace the cards of the base game with the cards of the Upgrade Pack and replace some cards with cards of the expansion like described in the rulebook of the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kha Od Dro wrote:
The second edition -> Replace nothing
Got it, thanks for the concise summary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anytime*. You're welcome.

Quote:
*Anytime: If an effect specifies that it may be used at "any time", it may be used to break the usual turn sequence. For example, it may be used to interrupt enemy actions. Most items and some trait abilities may be used anytime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.