13 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-At what point is pawn assignment required to be finished in relation to the progress of a round and its phases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Zachary1234 wrote:
-At what point is pawn assignment required to be finished in relation to the progress of a round?

All pawns must be placed, with appropriate resources assigned to them, if necessary, before any of the actions are resolved. This is all in "phase 4" of the turn progress.

The phases are:
Event
Morale
Production
Actions (assign all pawns, then resolve all pawns, in action order)
Weather
Night
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-So this means pawns can be allocated later than the beginning of the round, as described in the example here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a suggestion: It may be useful to compile your questions into a single large post every day or two, rather than creating a new thread for every inquiry. This may help other members answer your questions more completely.

Granted, the rulebook is pretty bad. However, there's also a Comprehensive FAQ that may help.

For your original question, remember that all pawn assignments occur simultaneously. After those are all set, you can begin resolving each action in order. However, you cannot place new pawns after you begin resolving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zachary1234 wrote:
-So this means pawns can be allocated later than the beginning of the round, as described in the example here?

As I said above, all pawns are assigned at the beginning of the Action phase. Once they're all assigned, you then proceed to resolve all of the Actions that the pawns are taking in the order across the bottom of the board.

No pawns are assigned during any other phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would also be helpful if the Subject of the thread contained a meaningful description of the question(s) involved. That would help others to locate questions they also need answering.

Having a thread in the Rules section called "Rules Questions" is unhelpful to say the least.

End of rant - sorry...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-Can players build a palisade with a shelter but without a roof?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zachary1234 wrote:
-Can players build a palisade with a shelter but without a roof?

Palisade and roof are separate entities.

A palisade is pretty much a rough outer wall.

Thematically, you don't need a roof to build an outer wall. Generally, you're going to want a roof before a palisade since weather is more likely to kill you than animal attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Mahr
Austria
flag msg tools
Life Ain't No Zombiefarm
mbmbmbmbmb
In Castaway for sure, but since Zachary 1234 also asks about Livingstone, you cannot state this in general. In scenarios like Jenny or King Kong, building palisade before roof might be a good idea.

@ topic: Character pawns have to be assigned completely before resolving of the actions, while other pawns, like Friday or dog, are optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-I read that. Thanks, everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to Lawrence's suggestion:
Give your thread a better name. "General question" or "Rules question" makes it pretty useless for everyone who uses the search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A B
msg tools
mbmbmb
-Does the Carpenter's 'snare' card only ever grant it's ability exactly one only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zachary1234 wrote:
-Does the Carpenter's 'snare' card only ever grant it's ability exactly one only?

The snare card is treated just like any other item to be built with one exception: When the Carpenter is in the game, only that player/character can build it (and receive 2 bonus determination.)

All items can only be built once unless they specifically say otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.