Subject: What to do with marked POI rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luiz Borges
Brazil
Araraquara
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just got the game, the component quality is sub par and one of the POI was marked of the back side just from getting if out of the sheet.
Considering his they are used, it rendered it useless. What to do to remedy that?I thought about gluing labels or some plastic stickers to make all of them uniform.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
zhouluyi wrote:
Just got the game, the component quality is sub par and one of the POI was marked of the back side just from getting if out of the sheet.
Considering his they are used, it rendered it useless. What to do to remedy that?I thought about gluing labels or some plastic stickers to make all of them uniform.

Draw them from a bag. Or leave it out. You don't use all of them in a single game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also mark them on the board with generic tokens, then when you land on one draw out of a bag/cup.

Edit. Ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe use cubes for face down POIs and draw the tokens from a bag and place victims or discard false alarms.

Edit:ninjaninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bright
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably worth contacting Indie Boards and Cards and inquiring about a replacement. Travis has always been great with customer service during the Kickstarter campaigns he has run.

Edit: Just saw your profile flag. Try contacting who ever is the publisher of your edition. They are usually good about replacing damaged components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luiz Borges
Brazil
Araraquara
flag msg tools
mbmb
jedimusic wrote:
You can also mark them on the board with generic tokens, then when you land on one draw out of a bag/cup.

Black or yellow??
http://imgur.com/eDOhqAH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Soanka
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy some '?" stickers and place them all on the backs so that you also create a barrier that will protect them from being dented / marred in the future.

Also, you don't use all the POI's in a normal game. I think you keep 2 of them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Schrempp
United States
Atascadero
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made generic POI markers

and a drawn string bag to put the POI markers that came in the game into

See the other upgrades I have made to my copy of Flash Point
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/173770/flash-point-fire-r...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this problem as well, but as brian said, you don't need them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven K
msg tools
Our POI have some tokens having smaller size and other have a different shade of blue. I may use another token from the LCG I'm playing as replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.