Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
Tomorrow England will play Scotland.

How will England play? Will they have recovered from missing the QF's at the RWC? Will they be too eager?

How will Scotland do, especially since they are playing at home?

My take on this match:
Scotland sure it on the rise again. Playing at home will help.
England will play poorly the first 15 minutes, too much tension, too eager to perform well.
If England can gets it act together they will win, but my bet is on Scotland. Scotland knows they will have to make a difference in those first 15 minutes and if they succeed England will not recover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Scotland are definitely in with a chance (which is a lot more than I've thought for years with this fixture). I think all this talk of Scotland's improvement at the world cup might be a bit premature though - yes they were great against Australia and frankly were robbed. On the other hand, they were crap against South Africa and probably should have been beaten by a very poor Somoan team (who only lost due to some crazy exit strategies!).

I saw a horrendous stat recently - Scotland haven't scored a try against England at Murrayfield since 2004. Ouch! Still, can you imagine the pressure it'd put on England and their new coach if they lose this game?

I don't think there's much 'revenge' involved in this game (that's probably reserved for the game against Wales) but I'm gonna call it - Scotland to win by 3!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would love to see the return of a decent Scottish side but I'm not going to hold my breath.

So they're either thrashed or they play well but bottle it.

England to win by less than 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's a Scotland win its by less then 7 points.
If it's an England win it will be by more then 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
England has Eddie The Eyes in the coaches' seat..
Makes me almost want to cheer them on.. Almost..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

So far we have; typical England, typical Scotland and typical France (some good rugby players turned up who occasionally played as a team).

Italy played better than I thought they would and had some unlucky decisions go against them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
Went to Stade de France yesterday, my first time there (but will also be there next weekend).

The Italians played the best game, they were just unlucky loosing.

As for Scotland: only seen the first half, will watch the second half this afternoon. England made the least mistakes. What a messy game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mousey wrote:

As for Scotland: only seen the first half, will watch the second half this afternoon. England made the least mistakes. What a messy game.

Yes it was very messy.

One thing I picked up on is that England were back to how they usually perform at scrum and lineout. During the RWC they got the set-pieces wrong time and again.

It looks to me as if England are going to be a hard team to break down, their defence looks very solid.

I still don't think we have the centres right - I would love to see I also think that George Ford sometimes has problems imposing himself on games and we saw it yesterday too. He didn't play well at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Had to work yesterday and could only follow the games via the Guardian.

I root against England in every sport so I'm a bit unhappy. Will be pulling for Ireland in today's match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Ireland strong at first and up 13-0 only for Wales to fight back and it's 13-10 HT.

Last year there was a thread for all Six Nations talk. Should we do that again this year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
Gah! A draw! 30 minutes into that game I'd have happily taken a draw but by the end I reckon Wales should have won that.

Gutted for Italy. So close!

Scotland Vs England - suprisingly dull game really. Scotland blew a bunch of chances but that's something they've been doing for years now. It never really looked like England were going to lose that.

Predictions for this weekend:

France didn't show much progress in that game against Italy so I'm tipping Ireland to win a close game.

I'm fairly confidant Wales can beat Scotland at home. I'm predicting a comfortable Welsh win by 7 points.

Italy have never beaten England in the Six Nations and I can't really see that happening this weekend. If they play like they did against France then maybe ... but surely it's got to be an England win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My predictions for this weekend:

France v Ireland
Though I expect Ireland to win, I would never bet against France. Just when you think they're hopeless, they pull something out of the hat and you wonder where it came from and why don't they do it every week.

Wales v Scotland
The job of the Wales Rugby team is to cause as many heart attacks in their fans as possible. I expect them to win by less than 10 but to never quite be out of reach of Scotland.

Italy v England
England to win by less than 20. After how well they played against France, I'd like to see Italy show some consistency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
France v Ireland
I think the French underestimated the Italians and just never showed up (and somehow they did that the previous encounters too and never learned from it). Against Ireland they will put their act together. France will beat Ireland by less then 10 points.

Wales v Scotland
Wales will beat Scotland soblue

Italy v England
England will score some really nice tries. A win by more then 14 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caracfergus wrote:
My predictions for this weekend:

Wales v Scotland
The job of the Wales Rugby team is to cause as many heart attacks in their fans as possible. I expect them to win by less than 10 but to never quite be out of reach of Scotland.

This prediction was frighteningly accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D. Williams
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rugby is a trip!
I thought I wouldn't like "Sevens" because its not such a mob...
But, sevens has its moments.
There's been a Rugby 30-minute report on UHD, lately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Watching Italy vs Scotland now. Italy up early thanks to Parisse but Scotland score a solid try and are up 7-3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperGLS wrote:
Watching Italy vs Scotland now. Italy up early thanks to Parisse but Scotland score a solid try and are up 7-3.

Loved the match yesterday.

Watching Italy vs Scotland now too. Up till now it's been great for a Scotland supporter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Two solid tries from Scotland and it looked like a runaway. Italy with a brilliant try to bring it back to 17-10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.