Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the release plan for this game? Is there a target window? Retail or Kickstarter? It's been on Rahdo's list for 3 years running, so I'm interested but not holding my breath...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
What is the release plan for this game? Is there a target window? Retail or Kickstarter? It's been on Rahdo's list for 3 years running, so I'm interested but not holding my breath...

We just recently finished a long cycle of getting both Forged in Steel and Hands in the Sea ready for manufacturing. There are still other games ahead of Clockwork Islands, as far as our schedule with Knight Works is concerned. Unfortunately, we are probably still a few years out with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vandel Arden
Germany
Leipzig
Sachsen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Any news about the game this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avalain wrote:
Any news about the game this year?

There were some lengthy delays in getting both Forged in Steel and Hands in the Sea out of manufacturing and distributed which caused this one to sit by the wayside. However, I have begun working on the prototype for this one. Things have been running smoothly in the design. But, because of other games scheduled for a Kickstarter campaign this year, we are probably looking at an early 2018 KS campaign for Clockwork Islands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any new news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Dundy, I did have some time to work on Clockwork Island over the 2017 summer before we launched our Hands in the Sea campaign last fall. Several prototypes were created and playtested. Modifications were made and various rules revised. I have taken copious notes and I am ready for the next round of playtesting.

Another aspect of the development that puts a ripple in the timeline is the storytelling component. The game is heavily based on exploration with an emphasis on adventuring with memorable characters in a steampunk setting on a lost world. On a positive (and biased) note, I can say the setting and world is rich and engaging. Players take over the role of a group of explorers from various organizations (scientists, soldiers, engineers, etc.) Each of these groups has unique powers and storylines that affect gameplay in different ways. However, this portion of the project is time-consuming.

The manufacturing for Hands in the Sea is moving smoothly but the Dragon Keepers campaign is launching in March. After Dragon Keepers, I am looking to work on some overdue projects like Mill City and a light card game with a futuristic setting. It is only February and it feels like 2018 is booked solid for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.