Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see there is a 1.0 module out on VASSAL. How is it? Makes me nervous when there's no update - surely there are bugs..

Anyway, anyone using VASSAL? How does Pax Pamir play on it?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been out even before the release of the game. I believe it was meant at the time mostly to assist with the playtesting efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't figure out the setup. Do you have to draw out the cards and shuffle in the topples manually? I'm missing how to shuffle even....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
draw X cards and move to setup. Drag a topple there. Right click and send to deck - they will automatically shuffle. Repeat 3 times. Then drag 2xX cards and send to deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I'm playing my second vassal pbem game at the moment. It works fine, provided players can be bothered to do their moves - waiting since last Sunday at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
draw X cards and move to setup. Drag a topple there. Right click and send to deck - they will automatically shuffle. Repeat 3 times. Then drag 2xX cards and send to deck.

Genius...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
I'm playing my second vassal pbem game at the moment. It works fine, provided players can be bothered to do their moves - waiting since last Sunday at the moment.

That always depends on the group, mateā€¦
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm missing something on dragging the cylinders onto the map to place roads and armies. They seem to come over with a line attached to the stretching back to the original location. And I can't seem to get rid of the line once I've done it..

What am I missing here....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:

I have found previously, and there are other threads on this, that right clicking and sending to deck does not shuffle the cards. So I manually move each card to the deck, which does shuffle them. Takes a little longer but works fine and the cards do get shuffled.

On another question, you remove the move lines with the little black box at the end of the menu icons.

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I drag what I imagine must be the little cylinders, lines extend back to the original pile. And I can't get rid of them. Surely that's not supposed to happen. IS there another way to place armies/roads?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No there is not. I stated the solution in my post above. Hit the black MOV button at the right end of the menu buttons. That erases movement trails.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Cards are randomly drawn from the initial deck so single or multiple doesn't matter. The position of the topple in each group isn't randomized though so the module is badly flawed. The person setting up the game will always know when the topples appear.

Movement trails are exceedingly ugly but they enable one to follow what is happening as you play through a log.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Kassel wrote:
The position of the topple in each group isn't randomized though so the module is badly flawed.

Yep, but as I said, instead of right-clicking to send the x cards plus topple card to the deck, if you drag each individually to the deck it randomises the order of the cards including the topple card. So if you do this when setting up the game there are no issues.

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kassel
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I see. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip McCaughey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can edit the module very easily and add 'shuffle on right click' to the set up deck. This will randomise the position of the topple when you send it to the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Graves
United States
Norwalk
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am working on a bit of an overhaul to expand the playable area and add some chrome including a automatic set up - will post it when it's ready - maybe by the end of the weekend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Graves
United States
Norwalk
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmb
V1.1
- Expanded map so each player can have 2 rows of cards - Tableau cards and Tribe/Loyalty/Favor.
- Tribe cards can be set with a border to match owners color
- Tribe cards can be given a transparent overlay to indicate owner's loyalty
- Regions on the map named and card/counter naming improved
- Player hands auto-mask cards
- Mask improved to be more obvious
- Auto Setup for 2-5 players added
- Right click option on all cards to mark as activated for an Action

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sommod86wqzyyj/Pax_Pamir_1.1.vmod...

Feedback appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.