Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jann Beckers
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I did not find anything specific about this movement issue in the forum (a lot about the spell Wings of wind though). So to be clear: I am talking about the AA Song of wind.

Can I use Song of wind (strong effect) to move through water along rampaging enemies? Or do the rampaging enemies in this case end my movement while I am in a space that contains water - therefore making the move illegal (or forcing me to withdraw)?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
If the card states that you ignore rampaging enemies, then you do. Otherwise, you don't. I think that's how it works, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd guess that if your movement would provoke a rampaging enemy and you must therefore end your turn on the lake, you could not perform the movement, as you are not in a safe space. I'm not sure Forced Withdrawal applies, as the rules for such are included in the End of Turn section, and you would not be ending your turn, just your movement.

I could be wrong however on all of this, so perhaps an expert will pop in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
stevozip wrote:
I'd guess that if your movement would provoke a rampaging enemy and you must therefore end your turn on the lake, you could not perform the movement, as you are not in a safe space. I'm not sure Forced Withdrawal applies, as the rules for such are included in the End of Turn section, and you would not be ending your turn, just your movement.

I could be wrong however on all of this, so perhaps an expert will pop in here.

Edit: Answered correctly in posts after mine.
I agree with Stephen. If the card doesn't say specifically it ignores rampaging enemies, then you cannot move to the lake if it would provoke. Can't remember if the cards states it or not (guessing not, as you wouldn't have asked the question otherwise).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no rule that says that you must end your movement on a safe space. Therefore, you may provoke rampaging enemies with a move onto a lake. This ends your movement. Win or lose, you will have to do forced withdrawal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fielmann wrote:
There is no rule that says that you must end your movement on a safe space. Therefore, you may provoke rampaging enemies with a move onto a lake. This ends your movement. Win or lose, you will have to do forced withdrawal.

I think this is correct. From the rulebook:

"Some cards allow a player to enter inaccessible terrain at
certain cost. Beware - players should end their turn in a safe
space (see below), otherwise, Forced Withdrawal rules
apply (see “End of the Turn” section, pg. 9)."

So you'd end your turn on an unsafe space and then be forced to withdraw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jann Beckers
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks everyone. I think the general understanding is that it is not possible to walk on water and not attract attention from people at the shores
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
Beckie wrote:
Ok thanks everyone. I think the general understanding is that it is not possible to walk on water and not attract attention from people at the shores

A quick addition, you can still attracted their attention and fight while you are on the water, but you will then face forced withdraw even if you win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jann Beckers
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.