SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following Richard's requests to play more normal games instead of the weird stuff lurking in my collection, Tonga Bonga filled the bill, good with 3 or 4 players. I bumbled through the rules and things got nasty. Richard and Ian were fed up with me telling them I'm going to Essen next week, so they arranged to make me lose.

Okay, I could have put more money down in the early rounds, but Richard just gave Ian all the high dice and he raced off along the top islands, getting 75 ducats in 4 rounds. And Richard cut me up and beat me to my first island too. So I just trailed around and let them play for the win. I suppose putting only 2 copper pieces each round was a bit cheap, but even after shouting at Richard, he wouldn't change his mind. They finished together, I think Ian won but only by a few coins. He could have spent less in the final rounds and secured a better win. Tonga Bonga is a fun game, plastic bits, quite cut-throat but it is dependent on the dice rolls. You put your money down to attract the sailors, but if the other players roll low, you're stuffed anyway. A family game, and worth getting, but don't spend a lot on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.