Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is one allowed to assassinate an opponent's flipped Hacendado OUTSIDE a toppling?
I don't see anywhere in the rules allowing it, it's only mentioned as one of the 3 things players can do during a toppling attempt to modify one's tripartite.

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
It used to be allowed, but in the current (collectors edition/living) rules, it is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
It used to be allowed, but in the current (collectors edition/living) rules, it is not.

The current rules allow Player Assassination during a Topple by play of a Black card in hand at the cost of 3 gold plus 3 gold for each troop in the victim's Private Army.

The older rules (at least the copy I have) allowed Player Assassination by play of a Black card in hand at the cost of 10 gold - but was not allowed if the victim had a Private Army.

As I read the older rules, this was allowed only during normal play of Black card as an Action - and not during Topples.

Is that correct?

Was any gold stolen? (I suppose that I should ask that about the current rules also.)

Was the cost in Actions dependent on the current Regime and what was printed on the Black card? (That is not the case now, since Player Assassination does not require an Action now.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:

Is that correct?

Yes.

Quote:
Was any gold stolen? (I suppose that I should ask that about the current rules also.)

Was the cost in Actions dependent on the current Regime and what was printed on the Black card? (That is not the case now, since Player Assassination does not require an Action now.)

Yes and yes. It was exactly like playing the Black card against any other partner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to you both.
My question opened up a nice line of discussion that I hadn't expected, the rules to the first edition being a little black box for me!

PLB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.