Hide
4 Posts

Zombie Town» Forums » Variants

Subject: cute variant for small kids rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gozilla Gozilla
msg tools
We found some of the illustratons a bit too scary for young kids, so here is a cute variant made with Illustrator and free images from the net.
What came out could be called "Halloween party" and the story goes like this: it's Halloween and all kind of kids-costumed-monsters are around calling trick or treats.
While walking the streets you have to get rid of the little monsters by giving them candies or food, but each one has his own preference and some food will not be accepted.
You can take shelter in some buildings, such as cafes, restaurants, bakeries that will help you fend off some monsters while you try to redirect/pass other monsters to another traveller.
Get tricked to exhaustion and you'll lose; but survive the horde and you'll arrive home and win.

There is no text and all is managed by icons, which makes it easier to grasp by younger players.

The multiplayer game plays as usual with the difference that there are a bit more treats/weapons types but also more monsters with more combinations of immunties (hated food).

We tried also a solo version, where you make a separate deck of buildings/locations cards, face up, with the Halloween Party card placed as the last card. Every time you clear all monsters from a location, you can exit/discard the location card and take refuge into the next one until you arrive to the Halloween Party. Here you face a surge (draw four cards instead of two) and if you clear all monsters...well, you win.

Still a fun, quick game...but cuter.

monsters and treats to turn them away
special action cards
buildings and bonuses
characters with their special powers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Vorster
Taiwan
Zhubei City
flag msg tools
Really nice work there man! I'd love to be able to make a copy of this (I do own the original game and posted a better translated instruction manual for it too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gozilla Gozilla
msg tools
Thanks Johan, happy to hear that you liked how it looks.

This was supposed to be just a personal build.

As it looks now, it could easily be a completely different game but the rules and mechanics are almost the same of the original.
If I ever release it I need first to study a bit more about the legal implication of distributing a redesign of a commercial game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cheng
Hong Kong
Ma On Shan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the artworks of the game is cute & not scary at all but some cards may be too sexy for kids.
Anyway, I like this retheme. Perfect for a Halloween game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.