Popular Tags: [View All]
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm reading the rules incorrectly, but it says that the player with the highest number of unification markers for any of the three categories gets the reward that round. Makes sense.

Then below that it says that not only does the player with the highest number get rewarded, but also the player with the next highest number can also take the reward, and so on, until someone passes or everyone has been rewarded.

So since everyone can possibly get a reward (by having at least one disc of that color) does this all matter only for who goes first next round, being that the player whose disc is on top of the pile goes first? or last?

I understand that if I player passes, and their disc remains in the "starting player" column, they will get priority for going earlier next round, but if I can get a better understanding about this, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Karen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player(s) with fewer discs only receive the reward if the player with the most discs chooses not to take the reward. If the player with the most discs takes the reward, then no other player may take that reward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player with the highest number of markers receives the reward, only if they pass may the next highest person choose the reward and so on. The highest person may choose not to take the reward so they are able to have the tie breaker if tied for a larger reward. The tie breaker goes through turn order and then to the levels of rewards. You are correct, if you receive the third unification reward you will go last during the next round. I have seen some players pass on an earlier reward to ensure they rceived a later one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both! Apparently I read it as: after the player with the most unification discs has finished his turn, which could include either taking the reward or passing, then the next player gets to also either take the reward of pass. I just didn't read it clearly enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.