flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
zenxacred wrote:
No. And neither do you.

I'm confused here.

The rules as I understand them.

During setup you place your gallerist in any spot and take the reputation token.

You take your first turn.

After your first turn, you place Lacerda's gallerist across from you.

After your subsequent turns, you move Lacerda's gallerist clockwise and do something when Lacerda's gallerist moves to the international space.

My question essentially 'does "placing" count as a "move"?'

(One would also assume that I could drop a helper after my first move and possible have it bumped by Lacerda's initial gallerist placement.)

You seem to be implying that Lacerda's gallerist is placed during setup. Is this true? Where do the rules indicate such? Perhaps I'm missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
As in the multiplayer game, you must move from the first placement location.
So, if You start at Artists' Colony, you must move, meaning you cannot take your action there. The same happens with Lacerda. He leaves an assistant in the location and moves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your description is correct.

What Vital is saying (if I read it right) is that you don't take the action of your start location, you take the action of the first location that you move to. It is the same for Lacerda. What is different is that for some reason that I don't understand, Lacerda doesn't start on the board, he enters play opposite the place you first take an action at (rather than opposite where you start)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
So, to clarify with an example, if the solo player started at the International Market (no action taken) and then moved to the Artists' Colony (action taken), Lacerda would then start at the International Market, and thus not take an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:
So, to clarify with an example, if the solo player started at the International Market (no action taken) and then moved to the Artists' Colony (action taken), Lacerda would then start at the International Market, and thus not take an action.

Well, it's just initial setup. You're just putting your pawn at a location to start at. It's not "not take an action"... the game hasn't begun yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
lSweetJusticel wrote:

Well, it's just initial setup. You're just putting your pawn at a location to start at. It's not "not take an action"... the game hasn't begun yet.
That's the of thing: the game has started, you have taken your first turn. It would be different if Lacerda started opposite where you started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
As in the multiplayer game, you must move from the first placement location.
So, if You start at Artists' Colony, you must move, meaning you cannot take your action there. The same happens with Lacerda. He leaves an assistant in the location and moves.

Right. But when does lacerdas gallerist enter play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:

And could I drop and assistant there to get bumped by lacerda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He starts in play opposite you after your first move.

Quote:
Gameplay
You play first. After your first turn, place Lacerda’s pawn on the opposite Location of the game board. After each of your subsequent turns, Lacerda moves clockwise one Location, leaving an Assistant behind at each place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
This start will give you a small advantage. You have one more move.

Ex:
Your turn: Take the tile on Media. Move to sales office and take a contract. Use the contract to move a visitor to the lobby.

Now, move Lacerda to the Media.

You again:
Leave an assistant and move to international Market. Take the action. Reduce a coin in influence track and take one assistant.

Lacerda moves to IM, pushes you out.
You Reduce influnce and place another assistant in Auction.

Your turn again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Ackerman
United States
Palm Beach
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:

Ex:
Your turn: Take the tile on Media. Move to sales office and take a contract. Use the contract to move a visitor to the lobby.

You again:
Leave an assistant and move to international Market. Take the action. Reduce a coin in influence track and take one assistant.

Your turn again.

Shouldn't that be "...the tile on Media. Move to sales office and leave an assistant behind on Media and take a ..."?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SliceOfBread wrote:
newrev wrote:

Ex:

You again:

Your turn again.

Shouldn't that be "...the tile on Media. Move to sales office and leave an assistant behind on Media and take a ..."?

And if you first move is to the artist colony, does lacerda take his action at the International market?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
And if you first move is to the artist colony, does lacerda take his action at the International market?
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, as that would be Lacerda's start position, not an actual move. And actions are not taken on start positions. I guess I could be wrong though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the answer is no, as that would be Lacerda's start position, not an actual move. And actions are not taken on start positions. I guess I could be wrong though.

That is my guess as well since he is "placed" there and not "moved" there.

The last question is can you drop an assistant for lacerda to be placed on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
ACGalaga wrote:
lSweetJusticel wrote:

That's the of thing: the game has started, you have taken your first turn. It would be different if Lacerda started opposite where you started.

Yup looks like you're right. Just referencing the setup for a regular game rather than a solo game.

"You play first. After your first turn, place Lacerda’s pawn on the opposite Location of the game board. After each of your subsequent turns, Lacerda moves clockwise one Location..."

The way it's worded it seems like you get a free turn before Lacerda enters play. After your turn "place" him on the opposite side. Seems pretty clear it's not a move. I guess I can see how that could be misinterpreted. Anyways... Sorry for my mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.