Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
For example, if the Cylons chose to roll to decrease the jump track by 1 or increase the pursuit track by 1 (the lower left option on the CFB), can a human player play strategic planning to add 2 to the roll (i.e., to make it more likely they would get to advance the pursuit track rather decrease the jump track)?

If this is not allowed, can someone steer me toward the rule for this?

I know Cylons can't use abilities listed on skills cards (per page 20 of the base game rule book). But I can't seem to find anything indicating that other players can't use things like strategic planning on the Cylon player's turn.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth H
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any die roll can be modified by Strategic Planning, so it is allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that all die rolls above 8 are capped at 8 after applying modifiers, so there's no way to roll nothing due to SP.

Ditto with the other direction and Calculations if you're playing with Pegasus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's permissible.

With the exception of attacks by Cylon ships, die rolls in the game are set up so that the (generally) pro-human result is the higher result, presumably for precisely this reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.