10 Posts

Nations: Dynasties» Forums » Rules

Subject: Qin Dynasty - Clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olivier Bastien
msg tools
I don't understand the wording of this dynsty card for China:

Action, max 3 per round: return 1 (worker), hire 1 private (architect) for free.

1 Does the architect comes from the supply? I think yes

2 It is free, so I have to put it immediatly on a wonder in construction for no stone cost, right?

3 It is private, so I can keep it on my own board for later turns after my wonder has been build?

Thanks for answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
and Solo Playtester too ^^
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, the architect comes from the supply.

2. Yes, it is free (so costs no stone) and does have to go straight onto a wonder in construction.

3. It is private, but as the action explicitly states 'Hire', it has to be used straight away. If you have no wonder under construction you wouldn't want to use the action.

Archimedes and Marie Curie on the other hand just say 1(2) private workers per round, and then you have to take the 'Hire a Worker' action to use them.

[edit - fixed wording in 1&2]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Bastien
msg tools
thank you for answer,

1) you mean architect as worker
2) you mean wonder as worker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
and Solo Playtester too ^^
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
0livier wrote:
thank you for answer,

1) you mean architect as worker
2) you mean wonder as worker
Sorry yes, meant architect in 1, and wonder in 2. Typed it up too fast ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi All,
I played a lot of games and I could resume, it is very hard to get "enough" worker.
So I am not sure that I understand this dynasty correct.

Action, max 3 per round: return 1 (worker), hire 1 private (architect) for free.

Usually "return" means in this game to put it to the player-board.
But if it is so in this case, it seems to be realy hard and I didn`t remember to any Situation where it was possible to do so.
(only in the last Age if you get Abraham Lincoln)

Otherwise, if it means only to take the worker from the building/military and replace them with another Action, it seems to be to powerfull.

Could you please help what the correct understanding is and tell me the advantace if it is the first Option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
bgdev.club is really a site address, no www or .com needed :)
badge
Cities: Skylines board game designed by me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Thomas,

From the FAQ:
Quote:
China: Qin Dynasty - The architect is from the supply. Pay no stone. Use it immediately. An undeployed worker can be returned to the population track. [1.8]
Does this answer all your questions rules-wise? It can be very powerful in the right situations to just have the option to do this, changing how your opponents can play. It removes a constraint, but comes at a cost. Also, at the end of the game you might have workers you cannot usefully deploy, there are few architects but interesting wonders. Up to 3 possible private architects can be very powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Wagner
Germany
flag msg tools
Thank you very much for your answer, but it is not total clear.

The reason why I thought about it is the word "can" in the sentence:
"An undeployed worker can be returned to the population track."

This suggested that this is not a must and it could be also possible only to "undeploy" your worker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was to clarify that a deployed or an undeployed worker can be returned, not just deployed workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Chambers
msg tools
Rustan, can the Qin Dynasty action be taken to return a worker when a player has no wonder on which to employ the free architect?

Can the Qin Dynasty action be taken to return a worker and a player choose not to hire a worker though they could?

I thought I recalled reading somewhere that a player can avail themselves of all, some, or none of the benefits an action provides (Wardenclyffe Tower).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rustan Håkansson
Sweden
Norrköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Chambers wrote:
Rustan, can the Qin Dynasty action be taken to return a worker when a player has no wonder on which to employ the free architect?

Can the Qin Dynasty action be taken to return a worker and a player choose not to hire a worker though they could?

I thought I recalled reading somewhere that a player can avail themselves of all, some, or none of the benefits an action provides (Wardenclyffe Tower).
No, the action is both parts together, they are not possible to separate. Added this to next FAQ:

Quote:
You must hire an architect to be able to use this, you cannot just return a worker. [1.12]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls