King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One problem I have with teaching Battlestar Galactica to new players is that it is incredibly difficult for players to remember what their options are during their turn. Differently from many other games (all of them, now that I think of it), action text is printed on game board and when playing with 6 players you are frequently in a situation where the text is too small to read or is upside down for players. Players tend to forget even basic actions on that board and what they can do at times.

Now when base game itself can be relatively okay, then players also forget what Cylons can do (making second round of loyalty cards a mess, as cylon player can be too obvious when reading cylon location texts before revealing) and if you add expansions to it then I've realized that it would help greatly for there to be a player aid that doesn't do anything other than say what all the locations do, including expansion locations such as Pegasus and Demetrius and Cylon Fleet Board and (perhaps) New Caprica (though we've yet to use it).

Is there a player aid that does this already so I would begin to reinvent the wheel? I've downloaded a lot of player aids from Files sections and they tend to focus on everything else.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Scribner
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny you mention this. I just submitted one that does MOST of what you're asking for (hopefully will be up later today). Not all, unfortunately, because my group doesn't play with everything. What my aid will give you is the base locations, Pegasus, Colonial One overlay, Cylon Fleet overlay, and Basestar Bridge board. It also includes the attack chart from Daybreak, and a map of where all those locations are in relation to all other locations (useful for new players who haven't memorized the board). I realize it leaves a lot of what you're asking for out, but it might be better than nothing and far less time-consuming than creating one that includes EVERYTHING. If you do opt to try to create something more ambitious and have access to Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW, I can provide you with the layout and elements I used to create my file. Just shoot me a message if you find yourself wanting to undertake that task.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
One problem I have with teaching Battlestar Galactica to new players is that it is incredibly difficult for players to remember what their options are during their turn. Differently from many other games (all of them, now that I think of it), action text is printed on game board and when playing with 6 players you are frequently in a situation where the text is too small to read or is upside down for players. Players tend to forget even basic actions on that board and what they can do at times.

Now when base game itself can be relatively okay, then players also forget what Cylons can do (making second round of loyalty cards a mess, as cylon player can be too obvious when reading cylon location texts before revealing) and if you add expansions to it then I've realized that it would help greatly for there to be a player aid that doesn't do anything other than say what all the locations do, including expansion locations such as Pegasus and Demetrius and Cylon Fleet Board and (perhaps) New Caprica (though we've yet to use it).

Is there a player aid that does this already so I would begin to reinvent the wheel? I've downloaded a lot of player aids from Files sections and they tend to focus on everything else.

Thank you!

I don't have anything for just base game...

However (note that these geared towards grayscale printers)....

PEGASUS
MGB (main game board) + Peggy (you can print out Peggy independently if you're going to use the Daybreak MGB)
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/78530/image-pegasus-and-m...

If you actually play NC , just print this out. Otherwise, using a grayscale printer, I'd recommend writing in the names of the colors... yellow, brown, etc.
https://boardgamegeek.com/image/528886/battlestar-galactica-...

EXODUS
CFB
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/78528/bw-cylon-fleet-...

List of Allies if you're playing with IN objective/module. Just use small paper clips or post it sticky markers to denote who's out
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/86716/ally-list-refer...

DAYBREAK
huh... I have yet to upload this. I have a new MGB for this (with the new overlays), plus Demetrius and the RBs (although in a pinch, you could just print out that yourself). If you want it sooner, provide an email and I can send them to you. I'll try to upload them in the meantime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is one I created and uploaded last May.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/117577/bsg-locations-base-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.