Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I decided to design a scenario or my son that reflected how the Revolutionary War played out in the state where we live, North Carolina. He started learning about 18th Century NC history in his fourth grade class, including the Regulators and resistance to the Crown. However, they only glanced at the battles that took place in the state. The King's Mountain scenario from the base game was great, but still it was the only hit upon NC history with the participation of state militia.

This map is my second attempt at making a scenario for Guilford Courthouse. I tried to simulate the entire battle in my first attempt, but playing it out, I felt that the core of the battle is what happened in the field and the forest, particularly the militiamen's use of the fence to wear down Cornwallis' forces. The Americans have militia to confront the British, with more regular forces behind the trees to be brought up to reinforce. The British get mostly 3 MP units, reflecting their fatigue and disorganization after and extended march. Each get one artillery unit, which is a critical piece of equipment in this scenario. The Americans have 2 CP, the British have 1 CP. Since the battle showed its effects in terms of diminishing forces, defeating six units will win.

As it stands, the scenario gives a small advantage to the Americans because of terrain. I think this gets close to simulating the flavor of the battle. I am not myself certain how to make it more even for both players. I think converting one of the British 3 MP to a 3 MP light might give some more maneuverability without throwing the balance in the other direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Fleck
United States
Forks
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome! Love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.