Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

We finally finished T.I.M.E.
And yes, we loved it, until the end...

Here is some in game experience.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
We found it to hard to see what the endgame was... That 5 cards with the code, way to hard if you look at the rest of the game. The rest is more easy, and this was a very hard puzzle.

The first run we'v done almost everything and did not know what to do..

Then the second run again.. Then we had to search to the cards that we already had seen and i had to check BGG to see how to fix that puzzle. Not the best way to end a game.

Still, don't understand me wrong, we loved this game!
But there was not enough information about the endgame.
Also when we finished the game we did not really understand what was happend at the end..

What will we do and change in the next case..

What we really did not like in this game was the TU pressure..
The story is so good, and the puzzle so nice, that in the game we will at so much TU that we have way more time to explorer..

When we lost the first run, the second run was not so nice.. We rushed, because we had already seen most of the game. It feels like a punishment and we did not had any feeling like we need to 'win' in this game.

So, next case, almost a unlimited amount of TU, because we don't play this game like any other coop game (Pandemic, Flash Point).

I don't know how Marcy Case or other story's play.. Is this almost the same as Asylum?

This is our opinion about the game. But the good thing about this game is the way how you can play it. You can play it to win it, or you can really play it as a story.. As a detective..

Let me know what you think..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the entire point of the game is that there is not enough time. The process of making multiple runs, and getting more efficient each time, in order to finally be able to get it done in a single run is the point of the gameplay. Without that time pressure, there is nothing to push you along, so you can just explore everywhere, and do everything. At that point, you aren't even playing the game, as much as just reading some cards and solving a puzzle.

Removing the time pressure and need to do multiple runs, cuts out a huge portion of the games intended purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
My advice. Dont rush. Dont try and do it in as quick as time as possible, just play it. Who cares if it takes you 7 runs and 9 hours.

But you need the TU limits to know when to reset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally understand what you are saying...
But we did not enjoyed the second run that much. It's like watching a movie and when you are almost finished you are going to watch it again...
We where almoet at the final point of the game and then we had to start over again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gemaskerde Muchacho wrote:
But we did not enjoyed the second run that much. It's like watching a movie and when you are almost finished you are going to watch it again...
We where almoet at the final point of the game and then we had to start over again...

We just played on regardless of TU to fulfil the story. Was still a lot of fun. Playing it as an old school Rpg scenario worked well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McIlhargey
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mr G wrote:

We just played on regardless of TU to fulfil the story. Was still a lot of fun. Playing it as an old school Rpg scenario worked well.

This is a normal split that I would say play how you want - for many, the TU and time repeating is a selling point, for others, it's about the story and not having to repeat is preferred.

Here is what I would recommend to be compatible with success conditions: keep track of how many TU it does take you. If do not finish in the amount of TU it takes for one run, every TU after counts as two for the "second" plus runs.

So if you take say 20 TU on a 15 TU run, you accrued two runs with 5 TU left over on the second run (15 TU + 2*5 TU). Where as 30 TU would be a 3rd run with no TU remaining. The multipliers are to offset the fact that you are not having to repeat your actions for the second and third runs, and will allow you to handle the success rewards.

-James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Muchacho
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gemaskerde Muchacho
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good one.
Also thougt on that...

Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The 2nd run never feels as a punishment to me. The 3rd run however, often does. And it's not a good punishment. It's like you just forgot to save your game after playing for 90 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gemaskerde Muchacho wrote:

It really reminded me of the movie Source Code

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darian Tucker
United States
New Smyrna Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a review?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.