Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any possibility to change the handsize limit? Because up to now I did not find any - even no technology. But why is then there a handsize marker and not just a printed position on the map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each pair of Tech/Investment cards in the Secret Vault counts as one card in your Hand. The markers are a reminder of your effective remaining Hand size.

A revealed Tech does not count against Hand size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Handsize Marker
The Current Handsize marker can be used to track how many cards each player currently has in his Hand during Government cardplay (not his Handsize Limit -- Secret Vault assignments are easy to see).

This is important because then Players can know where everyone stands with regards to "OverHand". IE if Player A holds 5 cards over HandSize Limit (OverHand of 5), and the others are at HandSize Limit (OverHand of 0), they should make Player A play 4-5 cards first before they respond because if Player A Passes, the other 2 can Pass to end Government cardplay and force him to discard his OverHand.

It is often advantageous to see other players' cardplays before you decide how to play your own cards since there are several possible uses for every card.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konwacht
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so there is no possibility to increase your hand size limit. Essentially you don't need that marker because you see how many cards are hold in the secret vault so you know how many cards your opponent is allowed to have in his hand. Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's not what Craig is saying but that's how we play it.

If we want to know a Player's Current Hand Size we ask him.

Most people think it's too much trouble to be continuously adjusting the Current Hand Size marker. Also, it's such a tiny 1/2 inch marker that people need to squint to see it, so it's more trouble than it's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Sörensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it might not be impossible to get into the habit to always move the marker when you play a card, I don't see me being sure enough about an opponent having remembered to do it to not just go ahead and ask what their actual handsize is. So it seems to me that the marker is not useful for the stated purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.