Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sanzén
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I am gonna rant a little here sorry about it.
I have loved listening to these other episodes and I like your opinions, dont always agree but I see your points. A really good podcast that I love listening to when I go to and from work.

Please dont make another episode like this...

If you are going to do it then decide how you want them in beforehand so you dont talk around it so much, so hard to keep track of what you are talking about. Be a little mer organised. I love hering ideas but want to really make sure I understand them.

There are not a lot of things I agree with in this episode.

A new hope Obi-Wan should be a badass, why dont you like him? He is one of the best characters in the movies, and he dies in the first and is still a great character.

Your ideas about Yoda are strange, like the idea of 2 white dice since that is my idea also.

Everything new in Scum should be 3PO and Gideon wannabes?

If Lando has the gamble effect, would anyone really play with him then, why not take something more sure? While he used to be a gambler, at the time of The Empire strickes back he has become more responsible, no more gambling. I see him more like a proper General, like a more serious Han.

How can you WANT battle droids!!!!!! Please FFG dont listen to these people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
sanzen wrote:
Please FFG dont listen to these people.

With the design, alpha testing, beta testing and production cycles of games, FFG listening now would not have any effect for anything up until probably around a year from now. I consider talk about future expansions and figures to be more speculation of what we'll see than suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vader's Finest
msg tools
sanzen wrote:
So I am gonna rant a little here sorry about it.
I have loved listening to these other episodes and I like your opinions, dont always agree but I see your points. A really good podcast that I love listening to when I go to and from work.

Please dont make another episode like this...

If you are going to do it then decide how you want them in beforehand so you dont talk around it so much, so hard to keep track of what you are talking about. Be a little mer organised. I love hering ideas but want to really make sure I understand them.

We appreciate the constructive criticism! In fact I've been waiting for long posts like this to egg on discussion.

In regard to the episode being "un-scripted," we intentionally wanted to be a little off the cuff when speculating about things. It adds excitement and makes things a little more realistic. Sorry if it was hard to follow for you.

sanzen wrote:
There are not a lot of things I agree with in this episode.

A new hope Obi-Wan should be a badass, why dont you like him? He is one of the best characters in the movies, and he dies in the first and is still a great character.

I do actually like him quite a bit, I just didn't really grasp what he could do in the game that would be worthwhile until we got deeper into the discussion about him. I definitely think he is a great character, however I still don't really feel he was a great fighter in ANH. That's not a bad thing. It's just hard to implement in a game that's about fighting. The things we discussed about triggering on his death are definitely interesting, but I think irrelevant unless you give him a reason to be killed. I'm still not convinced that "making all adjacent/close units Force Users" is really enough.

sanzen wrote:
Your ideas about Yoda are strange, like the idea of 2 white dice since that is my idea also.

What do you think is strange about them? Again, Yoda is intentionally portrayed as old and pretty "washed up." So it's hard to imagine him as an offensive character. Spreading knowledge of the force and doing cool things to lift characters/objects (which are some of the key things portrayed about him) is really what we can come up with. Feel free to share what you think Yoda should do.

sanzen wrote:
Everything new in Scum should be 3PO and Gideon wannabes?

We talked about quite a few other Scum units than the ones we think should be Gideon/Threepio-esque. All of the beasts we talked about are essentially pure melee with some cool tricks between them. Who do you think we misjudged?

sanzen wrote:
If Lando has the gamble effect, would anyone really play with him then, why not take something more sure? While he used to be a gambler, at the time of The Empire strickes back he has become more responsible, no more gambling. I see him more like a proper General, like a more serious Han.

I imagine the same people that play with Threepio crew in X-Wing (read: a LOT of people) would play a gambling-based Lando. While I understand your interpretation of Lando, no other Star Wars game has portrayed him in that way, even in the Empire era. What would you like to see him do?

sanzen wrote:
How can you WANT battle droids!!!!!! Please FFG dont listen to these people.

I think Battle Droids are interesting design space. They expand the Droid archetype and give some weird/better chaff units than Hired Guns. We also definitely want to see some of the non-B1 Battle Droids, or at least think they would be cool if they were in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barks
Australia
Armidale
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Loving the podcast and speculation. Here's some more original trilogy for you to consider:

Garindan
Tarkin
Mynocks
Rebel rocket launchers
Rebel medium repeating blaster cannon
Ewok hanggliders
Scout Trooper Snipers
Rebel/ Imperial pilots

Looking forwards to your future speculating!

Barks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Q
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Liked the 3 red dice idea with the Rancor.

Of course, it can't be too fast, so either 2 or 3 movement would suffice.

I'm assuming it'd be on the same AT-ST base.

I feel as though it should have a special ability that doesn't allow figures to move through it, as if it was impassible terrain. Maybe allow mobile figures through.

Big figure lumbering down a narrow hall and you can't get by it unless you kill it!

I feel as though most of the suggestions are for skirmish mode only. I don't think Obi-Wan, Yoda, or Palpatine fit in the game at this point. Yoda especially, as the only people he interacts with in the movies are Luke and Ghost Obi-Wan. What would the heroes do?

I can possibly see the end of ROTJ big box as the heroes helping the whole Endor gang while at the same time a Jedi Luke facing Vader and Palpatine on a separate map, but that'd be it.

It'd be cool to have the figures for skirmish sure, but a big part of this game for me is everything can be used in campaign AND skirmish, regardless of how "good" it is. Coming out with skirmish only figures would be a little out there IMO.

Obi-Wan, Yoda, and the Emperor could be thrown in as cool skirmish cards instead. No figures are truly needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Some other ideas

- Admiral Ackbar or maybe some generic Mon Calamari soldiers
- Mon Mothma
- Rather than a model how about a tile that represents the Sarlaac pit? With some special rules to go with it.
- 'Bounty hunter' Leia
- 'General' Han Solo

Also, as much as I'm not a fan of the prequels, there are soooo many characters and creatures they could bring in from that (and the Clone Wars TV series), although apparently Fantasy Flight have said they won't be using those for some reason. Anyone know why?

I know many fans hate them as films, but seeing how Lucas seemed keen on making the films more like a videogame cutscene anyway, I feel like they'd work well in the Imperial Assault format
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac S.B.
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
The Nexus are a creature from the prequels and they are in the base game. So I'm not sure there's an actual blanket ban. It's just that they are probably not going to set an expansion in that era which probably rules out specific characters from that timeline. But creatures, alien races, maybe some types of droids... should be fair game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.