26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » News

Subject: Rebellion Superbowl previews rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian K
msg tools
FF is tweeting previews of Rebellion during the superbowl. Some new stuff, including the full text of the Carbonite Freeze mission, and Wedge's specialty, Rogue Squadron Raid.

Edit: Annnnd one more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
Groovy! Thanks for sharing. It's good to see some more missions. So Carbonite is more than just a way to capture more than one Rebel leader at a time but also buys another turn of the Imperial player. Pretty good.

Demolition looks very good too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brianish wrote:
FF is tweeting previews of Rebellion during the superbowl. Some new stuff, including the full text of the Carbonite Freeze mission, and Wedge's specialty, Rogue Squadron Raid.

Edit: Annnnd one more.

WoW!!! Thanks for posting!

Those rebel missions seems very powerfull. cant wait for the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For demolition you need to use chewiee or 2 different leaders. tough to accomplish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
For demolition you need to use chewiee or 2 different leaders. tough to accomplish

True.
Still, Nice card.

With Rogue Swuadron, is it possible to blow up a death star under construction? It has 4 health points.
Seems easier then doing it in battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quantum collider
msg tools
Arontje wrote:
jooice wrote:

True.
Still, Nice card.

With Rogue Swuadron, is it possible to blow up a death star under construction? It has 4 health points.
Seems easier then doing it in battle.

I don't think its possible, since the Death Star Under Construction is not on the build que (its on the starmap). The fully constructed Death Star is on the build que instead, but has no hit points.

By the way, it seems that for the last two missions the board setup does not match the mission. I would think that for "Rogue Squadron Raid' you wouldn't actually need units. And it seems that 'Demolition' cannot work on an uninhabited system (no build icons). And Leia has too few SpecOps icons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wedge doesn't need to bring in those X-Wings that are shown on the image to attempt that mission, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis de Vries
Netherlands
Deventer
flag msg tools
Ah, doctor, that aneasthetic is perfect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamiri wrote:
Wedge doesn't need to bring in those X-Wings that are shown on the image to attempt that mission, right?

You are right! It does look nice on the picture, though.

When Wedge attempts the mission, he already has 2 successes when he is opposed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose he could attempt the mission first, then move units in with another leader later, who is mysteriously missing from the picture too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree, they must be there for flavor.

More strangeness in the demolition scenario below that: Leia cannot attempt that mission, she only has one of the required icons. So apparently, either she or Palpatine moved in with their ground troops for battle, but certainly not for the mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamiri wrote:
Yeah, I agree, they must be there for flavor.

More strangeness in the demolition scenario below that: Leia cannot attempt that mission, she only has one of the required icons. So apparently, either she or Palpatine moved in with their ground troops for battle, but certainly not for the mission.

And you wouldn't want to run that mission on Endor anyway, since it has no resource icons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weiss
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As advertisements, they do a great job of showing components and looking cool, but obviously they suck pretty hard in showing gameplay or rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian K
msg tools
And while we're on the subject, why aren't cats dogs? I mean, honestly. Get it together, cats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quantum collider
msg tools
Brianish wrote:
And while we're on the subject, why aren't cats dogs? I mean, honestly. Get it together, cats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I carbon freeze leaders, I'm going to laugh in a deep voice "HOOOO-HOOOO-HOOOO. BANTHA POOOO-DOOOO."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
Im glad carbonite does more than just add a new ring to a captive. Removing a reputation is really good.

We also still dont know Boba Fett's mission so it is also likely capture related.

The rebel spec op missions are pretty cool, but if say, I had chewbacca, I feel like id use him more to resist capture rather than attempt spec op missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Black
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Do you think the previews means the game will come out in February.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan P.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
black8080 wrote:
Do you think the previews means the game will come out in February.

I'm guessing march-ish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Deadwolf wrote:
The rebel spec op missions are pretty cool, but if say, I had chewbacca, I feel like id use him more to resist capture rather than attempt spec op missions.

In some situations, you can use him for both: first send Chewbacca to attempt a Spec Ops mission, then send someone else on a mission to the same system, so Chewie acts as his bodyguard... Not always possible, of course, but probably one of the most effective anti-capture tactics for Rebels.

On a related note, I wonder if you actually need to have the required amount of skills icons when assigning leader(s) to a mission, as long as the mission attempt ends up in a system where the total of skill icons of your leaders is sufficient. For example: first send Chewie to attempt Demolition mission on Kashyyyk, then send Mon Mothma (with zero Spec Ops icons) to do a Rouge Squadron Raid mission also on Kashyyyk. Total of your Spec Ops icons in the system is then three, which is enough for the skill requirement for this mission...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:
Deadwolf wrote:

In some situations, you can use him for both: first send Chewbacca to attempt a Spec Ops mission, then send someone else on a mission to the same system, so Chewie acts as his bodyguard... Not always possible, of course, but probably one of the most effective anti-capture tactics for Rebels.

On a related note, I wonder if you actually need to have the required amount of skills icons when assigning leader(s) to a mission, as long as the mission attempt ends up in a system where the total of skill icons of your leaders is sufficient. For example: first send Chewie to attempt Demolition mission on Kashyyyk, then send Mon Mothma (with zero Spec Ops icons) to do a Rouge Squadron Raid mission also on Kashyyyk. Total of your Spec Ops icons in the system is then three, which is enough for the skill requirement for this mission...

Opening a mission can only be done if the leader meets the requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Arontje wrote:

We don't really know that yet - while the previews give us a good overview of the rules in general, this is a good example why they can't be fully trusted when it comes to specifics:
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21970064#21970064

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:
Arontje wrote:

We don't really know that yet - while the previews give us a good overview of the rules in general, this is a good example why they can't be fully trusted when it comes to specifics:

That is all clear. All are in and just Han his dice has to be rolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:
Arontje wrote:

I clearly read from FFg that to reveal a mission you must have the minimum amount of the same type skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Arontje wrote:
Perf wrote:
Arontje wrote:

I clearly read from FFg that to reveal a mission you must have the minimum amount of the same type skills.

And do we know what "reveal" means in the context of this game?
Full rules might as well contain a section that says something along the lines of:

Quote:
To reveal a mission, do the following:
1. Place all leaders assigned to this mission in a single star system.
2. Compare the sum of all skill icons of all your leaders that are currently in this system to the skill requirement specified for this mission:
a). if it's equal or greater - you have successfully revealed this mission; you can now proceed to checking if the mission was successful;
b). if it's lower - you can't reveal this mission; place the mission card on the discard pile.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying which version is the one that was chosen by developer(s) for entertainment/balance/complexity/whatever reasons.
Just thinking out loud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.