Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NEXT SESSION >>> Wednesday February 10, 2016.
GAMES >>> There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? >>> THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? >>> Gaming starts at 6pm and goes until 10
PARKING: Kent St. has parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar. They are ALL one-way streets.

COST: FREE

MAP: Google maps
https://www.google.ca/maps/place/330+Kent+St,+Ottawa,+ON+K2P...:0x98990a2ff0d681e3[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
you never add the time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
you never add the time...

All you had to do was ask

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
please add the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
please add the time.

I have added "WHEN" to my standard posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another fun night at the Legion!

Wendy and I started out with Village, a fun worker placement game where your family members die...and that's ok as long as they die in the right place at the right time. Wendy was a little less strategic than me in where her family members died than me and didn't get many in The Book of Remembrances. She travelled more than me but I had gotten a bunch of family members into the church...earning me a nice round to round dividend for majority and lots of end-game points to give me a comfortable margin in the end. Wendy took it home to play with her daughter over the weekend so I expect she'll come back ready to crush me.

After we finished Village, Wendy and I played a quick game of The Great Heartland Hauling Co. - a small, fast, fun pickup and deliver game - while other games finished up. I triggered the end game by hitting the $50 mark and Wendy was able to make one last delivery but it wasn't enough to csatch up.

Meanwhile, Patrick, Charles and Bill had gotten an early start at Grand Austria Hotel which looked amazing. That said, watching the last turn of play and the final scoring gave me a bit of a headache. I'd still like to give it a try though. In the end Patrick took the victory.

At another table Steve, Andrea and Nico played New York 1901 using the New York 1901: Flatiron expansion. Steve took the victory.

After that, we shuffled up tables.

Steve, Wendy, Andrea and Nico played a game of Wizard and (surprise! surprise!) the Wizard King won!

I taught Patrick, Bill and Charles Discoveries, a thematic dice placement game in the Lewis & Clark universe. Bill excelled at completing lots of route cards for Victory points, Patrick led the way in knowledge of American Indians, the engine Charles built was such that he was able to complete multiple exploration cards in a turn several times, and I did very well in discovering new species. In the end, the complete set of species cards was enough to give me the winning margin over Bill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next Week

The designer of New York 1901, Chenier La Salle (shocko) will be joining us to play this fun game (while sharing with us the history of the building of NY skyscrapers in the early 20th century and experience designing the game).

If you are interested in having a play with Chernier let me know here or through geekmail so I can make sure that you have a spot reserved.

If you haven't had a chance to play the game I really urge you to give it a try. It is simple but has depth and, most importantly, is fun.

If you happen to have a copy of the game, please bring it if you can.

Cheers,
JOE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.