Subject: [WIP] Dungeons of Infinity Game art work rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
A year into game design of the unique Dungeon crawler I thought I'd post some of the games new art work by Prabath Wijayantha.

Game box work in progress design:

Design of the Hero Cephenrene Iaomai Wizard

Back of Indulf Farnsworth's Paladin Magic ability card.

Enemy card.

Hope you like them. Check out our web page and sign up for monthly updates. We also will be giving away two Dungeon of Infinity prototypes in the coming year!

http://www.infinityandmore.net/DungeonsOfInfinity.html

Jack Spoerner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lollis
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looks promising. Do you have a suggested age or number of players yet?
And it is dice and card based?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
rlollis wrote:
Looks promising. Do you have a suggested age or number of players yet?
And it is dice and card based?

I also like the look. I'm just patiently waiting for any more details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
It is card and dice based. Each hero has ability cards and also basic abilities that they can perform each turn.

20 sided Dice is used to resolve combat.

As you traverse the Dungeon you reveal new rooms as you go out from the starter square. Each time you play there is a chart that determines what is in each room.(Mist, chest, Body, or pile of debris) There are mist, Chest, body, and debris cards that determine the details of each item. Currently there are over 100 different events that can occur. With the Body cards being the safest and the Mist cards the most dangerous.

For me the most exciting feature, besides the different dungeon every game, is the feature of the Dungeon Boss. Here is a quote from the rule book.
"Each Dungeon has a Boss who basically rules the roost. When you and your party enter the dungeon this Boss is not aware of your presence, but the longer you are in the Dungeon and the more you do that attracts attention the better chance there is that this Boss will start tracking you."

The game is for 2 to 4 players, but is also excellent played solitaire, coop or competitively. I'd say 12+ on age. I hope to have it live on Tabletopia in a couple months and Kick Started later this year.

Jack
Infinity and More
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Here are some more images.

Dungeon Square

Chart used to determine what is in Dungeon room.

What is on a card. Here is a mist card. (I love this card)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lollis
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
OK... You got me on the hook now. I'll be watching your development. So far it all sounds right up my alley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Ryan if you want to follow development you can sign up for our monthly newsletter on our crappy web page. (I'll work on it later, right now my time is spent on development. I'm working on 4 games currently.)

http://www.infinityandmore.net/DOIInfo.php

Jack

PS Sign up and you have a chance to win a prototype of Dungeons of Infinity!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corry Damey
United States
Twin Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also intrigued by this WIP and have subscribed. The artwork is pretty amazing! Have you been able to give thought toward who your graphic designer might be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
corneliusdamey wrote:
I'm also intrigued by this WIP and have subscribed. The artwork is pretty amazing! Have you been able to give thought toward who your graphic designer might be?

Hey Corry why do you ask? I'm using a company from China right now.

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
For anyone interested the game is available to play right now on Tabletopia. The only caveat is that I have to set up the session and it would be best if I was there to guide you through the game. Contact me if you want to try it out. With the understanding that this is a work in progress and there are still a few bugs.

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corry Damey
United States
Twin Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
spoerner wrote:

Hey Corry why do you ask? I'm using a company from China right now.

Jack

Well, if you didn't have anyone in mind, I was going to offer my abilities. I'm glad you do have designers looking at this, though As you probably know, a good designer is just as integral to the success of the game as great artist and a concise technical writer (for those pesky rules!).

Keep on keeping on and I look forward to future updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I sent you a message. If you don't get it let me know.
Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Bump

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack, I'm happy to bump for you

Unfortunately, I don't have Tabletopia (just Tabletop Simulator), but I signed up for your newsletter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
But I do and you can play via my subscription. If you want to play just let me know and we can set it up.

Jack

Ps Sent out this months edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spoerner wrote:
But I do and you can play via my subscription. If you want to play just let me know and we can set it up.

Jack

Ps Sent out this months edition.

Ok, so I don't need my own and can just log into yours, right? I might be up for that early afternoon (Central) this weekend. PM me if you want me to join you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Sent you a message
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Dungeons of Infinity with the designer, Jack Spoerner (spoerner), today on Tabletopia. It was an enjoyable experience, and I think the game can be really fun, especially for RPG lovers like me. There's obviously still work and refinement to be done, but it has great potential.

I'm used to the polished Tabletop Simulator, so Tabletopia was a little clunky for me. Tabletopia is still in beta testing, so that's understandable. The one benefit it definitely has over TTS is that only the host is required to have a copy or subscription. With TTS, everyone must have a copy ($10-$20) and I believe a Steam account.

In summary, I'll happily play it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words. I know I'm working hard! Its good to see positive results from all the effort. If you ever want to play again just let me know. Same goes for anyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Here is the brand new Paladin ability card.

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Here is a snap shot from a Tabletopia session of Dungeons of Infinity. Each time you play the Dungeon will be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Here is the Hero Card layout for now. This is the Warrior Akachi Bello.

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spoerner
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Things are picking up with development. We have a game page on BGG and our first review! I'm not sure when the reviewer is going to post it, but be on the lookout! We got a 7, which I am thrilled with as there are still things that need to be worked out.

I'm also working on the first mini campaign. (The King's Daughter)

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hoier
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance those dungeon tiles could be interlocking like the D&D games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.