Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Super Dungeon Explore» Forums » General

Subject: What to get from the Legends KS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm in for the $150 pledge that comes with SDE 2.0. I have Forgotten King, but I feel like SDE 2.0 is a better deal than getting the 2 Warbands pledge.

I'm planning on putting another $50 in. Should I get the 2 Warbands or one of the Boss packs?

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Jorune wrote:
So I'm in for the $150 pledge that comes with SDE 2.0. I have Forgotten King, but I feel like SDE 2.0 is a better deal than getting the 2 Warbands pledge.

I'm planning on putting another $50 in. Should I get the 2 Warbands or one of the Boss packs?

How many Bosses do you have at the moment? How many different monster types do you have? (Given you will have both FK and SDE 2.0).

Variety in Bosses was often a criticism when SDE first came out (as in, lack of variety). The Boss pack gets you three Bosses.

You might want to check to see what Realms the Bosses come from, this is for when you select the monsters you have a thematic choice. You might consider it important that they Boss and monsters are from the same Realm.

I seem to remember that one of the Warbands are from the Frostbyte Reach (pale blue), which is a new Realm introduced with the Legends KS. The other is the Crown Guard, yet another new Realm to be introduced (dark blue models).

I suspect that the answer is to get both the Warbands and one of the appropriate Boss sets to at least have matching Bosses and monsters.

To this end, it might be better to wait and simply pick them (the Warbands and / or Bosses) when they are released at retail. You can wait and shop around to get a good price and by then you will have a better idea of what Bosses the two Bosses of Legend actually contain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Here's my take on the sets that will be introduced with Legends and what's currently available with SDE and FK. It might help you wth your choices.

I don't know if these are correct but I'm basing it on the images shown with the Legends KS.

Bosses of Legend I
Ymnaur Wintersson - ? Frostbyte Reach (light blue)
Nightsong - ? Glauerdoom Moor (purple)
Mordred - ? Fae Wood (green)

Bosses of Legend II The Yowling
Mother Noctua - ? Fae Wood (green)
The Destroyer - ? Glauerdoom Moor (purple)
Lord Vulcanus - ? Dragonback Peaks (red)

I'm less sure with BoL II, especially Mother Noctua and The Destroyer.

Existing Sets

Dragonback Peaks (red)
SDE v2.0 (Base set)
Caverns of Roxor (old v1 Level box)
Claws of the Wyrm (Warband)

Fae Wood (green)
Forgotten King (Base set)
Goro (Boss)
Emerald Vally (Warband)
Mistmourn Coast (Warband)

Glauerdoom Moor (purple)
Von Drakk (Level Box)
Beatrix The Witch Queen (Boss)
Stilt Town Zombies (Warband)

New sets from Legends

Frostbyte Reach (light blue)
Frostbyte Ravengers (Warband)

? Unknown Realm, maybe Crystalia Castle (dark blue)
Royal Guard (Warband)

Midnight Tower (unknown colour)
The Midnight Tower (Level Box)

I think the Midnight Tower (Level Box) will contain the Shadow Tower and Spider Nest spawning points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went for the basic Explorer Pledge & Bosses II.

I don't particularly care for the Orc Warband, so I'll just wait for the Crown Guard do come up as a Deal of the Day and get that at a better price than the KS discount.

If you like the all the Bosses that come in a KS bundle, those will likely be a super deal. They will sell individually at retail for $25-$35 MSRP apiece depending on size. There's only one I like in Bosses I (Mr. Cabbage Head), so I'll wait to buy that at retail. I like all three in Bosses II, so I'm grabbing that now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atila Kawauti
United Kingdom
LONDON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got everything just in case!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:

I'm planning on putting another $50 in.

Jorune

Have you looked at the shipping yet?
That stopped any ideas I had of adding to my pledge...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigblock75 wrote:
Jorune wrote:

I'm planning on putting another $50 in.

Jorune

Have you looked at the shipping yet?
That stopped any ideas I had of adding to my pledge...whistle

Choosing 3-5 day shipping is about $22.25. It goes up to $22.75 when I add Boss' of Legends 2.

CMON charges me about $18 and we are on the same coast. So with the recent increase in shipping charges, this sounds about right.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jordan
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
"Iron Maiden's gonna get all of you!!!"
badge
"Iron Maiden's gonna get all of you!!!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Just buy everything and argue with your wife. That's what I do. I always resort back to the "At least I don't do meth" statement. Then stop paying attention and go downstairs to paint more minis than I know what to do with

But if I had to choose...I wouldn't be able to and would end up buying everything. Sorry i'm no help here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.