Popular Tags: [View All]
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's odd that someone thought this was necessary, given the great quality of the cards in the R&R version. Was is significantly cheaper or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krawhitham B
New Zealand
Napier
Hawkes Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you return it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A crappy job by Spin Master. This just screams "China greenhorn who didn't bother to do any research or work on the project and just grabbed the first factory that came up in an Alibaba search."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Beach
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought it today, didn't see this thread first, obviously. Exact same issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Sullivan
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this. I bought it yesterday. It was $2 more than at Miniature Market, but I figured having the tin would be worth it. Got it home, went to mark the game as "owned" and saw this thread. Returned it today (unopened).

BGG Rocks!

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cheipaz geimur
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
does anyone know if the tin is big enough to hold sleeved cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Hammond
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
young281 wrote:
does anyone know if the tin is big enough to hold sleeved cards?

I would say yes if you remove the insert.

In addition to the lot number printed on the back of the cards, the rules also state 2-3 players get 3 cards each. The first couple of times I tried it with my husband, we found it basically impossible and went up to 4 cards thinking that was a self-designed "easy mode." Nope. Looked it up on BGG and, hey, it's supposed to be 5 cards for that low a player count. We'll try it again later on and probably have a much easier time of it.

Despite the nice tin I don't endorse getting the Target version for reasons already listed in this topic as well as a ~crucial~ misprinted rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked this up today. It will be returned tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoardGame Greg

Lancaster
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I found this thread right after I just bought this game tonight. Same issues. Contacted Spinmaster customer service and will be returning it to Target. Probably just order the standard edition from Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven P
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
Who am I sir? A Utah man am I!
badge
I carve cool pumpkins
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend says that his copy from Target had (at least) one problem in the rulebook -- with 2-3 players, each gets 3 cards! That would make the game MUCH harder!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Ross
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased this at Target earlier in the week but just opened it today.
Mine also had the problem of flaking cards and mistake in the rulebook. Unfortunately, I no longer have my receipt so I'm not sure if I can return it. I sent a message to Spin Master to see if they are able to help, though I'm not holding my breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Bates

Kansas
msg tools
I picked this up today and the cards seem to be in good condition now, with a linen texture, but the rules still show 3 cards for 2-3 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
get off of the computer.
badge
play the games you have.
mb
My Target had it on clearance for 4 bucks, so I got a copy. Worth it for 4 bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
t_s_sullivan wrote:
but I figured having the tin would be worth it.

I find the tin in this version to actually be a detriment to the purchase.

Its well oversized for what is needed and turns a game that easily fits in your pocket for transportation purposes into a more-normal-sized game that still isn't the same size as a single other game so won't have any spot on any of yourshelves and if you do put it on a shelf it will look dumb because nothing else is remotely the same dimensions as it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven P
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
Who am I sir? A Utah man am I!
badge
I carve cool pumpkins
mbmbmbmbmb
Add in a few bucks for sleeves, which I recommend for this game anyway, but especially if the cards still have the flaking problem...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tabletop Teammate
msg tools
My Target had a ton of them for $2.98.

Went to the customer service desk with 5 copies and asked if it were ok to open each one if the subsequent had the errors explained by the OP. The rep was totally fine with it. All 5 copies had every symptom as described.

Still walked out with a copy for $3.24 after tax. The glitter got a little annoying at first, but I imagine shuffling the cards a few dozen times should clear it up. I'm just going to ignore the black text on the back of the cards and make a handwritten edit in the rulebook. Overall, I'm satisfied with both price and replayability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like card quality isn't the only issue. Bought my copy at Target three weeks ago. Opened it up and played with my group today. Wasn't until the end of the game that we discovered that we were missing two red 2 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vivien JustJ

New York
msg tools
Men's Rights Deactivist
badge
class instinct > politics
mbmbmb
Cardboard Conundrum wrote:
It's odd that someone thought this was necessary, given the great quality of the cards in the R&R version. Was is significantly cheaper or something?

literally my first comment on BBG is to say:

i just bought the R&R version and the cards are disappointingly cheap. they're hardly any more durable than the instruction sheet. if i could go back in time and buy a flaky $3.00 copy instead, i totally would.

:/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S TS
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I kept it, for 2.98, I don't know honestly how much I'll play it anyways. I had never played it, so i'll take 2.98 any day of the week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.