Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Risk Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Getting troops on first turn? Duration of ability of Enclave of the Bear? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Red Box
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

1. Do players receive three additional troops when starting their first turn of the game?

2. Our Enclave of the Bear ability says: "-1 to the defender's lower die, in the first territory attacked."
If I attack one territory (for example Egypt) three times in a row, does Egypt count as "the first territory" for as long as I don't attack a different territory?

3. If i am eliminated, my turn comes and i respawn on an unoccupied territory, do i play my turn with four troops, or do i get the three extra troops as well?

If the answers to 1. and 2. are yes:
Is it a strong line to choose Enclave of the Bear, place them as close as legal to the HQ of another faction, and storm their HQ on the first turn? The repeat bonus from their ability and the three extra troops would heavily work in favor of the Enclave capturing the HQ.

I guess the real winners would perhaps be the unaffected factions, since the Enclave and the assaulted faction suffered casualties and the others did not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
1 - Can you please print the starting ability of your Enclave of the Bear? Mine has the Ability to destroy all troops if you roll a natural 3 of a kind and kill at least one troop.

2 - YES.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens V
Germany
Ibbenbüren
flag msg tools
Too hot to hoot
badge
Was it a car or a cat I saw?
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, recruiting and factions' abilities are active beginning with the first turn. That means Khan Industries also get the additional troop in their HQ at the beginning of their turn if you chose that ability.

2. Yes

3. You can only either Join the War (i.e. come back with half of your starting troops) or recruit troops, so you only get 4 troops.

The scenario you described is something that may be very well possible. The Enclave can attack and win with 9 troops against 8 in the first turn, but of course the other players won't just leave them alone like that with two (or even three) Red Stars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Box
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klurejr wrote:
1 - Can you please print the starting ability of your Enclave of the Bear?

It just says exactly as above: "-1 to the defender's lower die, in the first territory attacked."

Thanks Vertaler, perfect response <3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
The bear power is tied to the territory being attacked. you can actually use a two-pronged assault and have BOTH armies get the bonus while attacking that one territory. basically, the power gives the territory an invisible marker that lasts until the end of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
CapNClassic wrote:
marhawkman wrote:
The bear power is tied to the territory being attacked. you can actually use a two-pronged assault and have BOTH armies get the bonus while attacking that one territory. basically, the power gives the territory an invisible marker that lasts until the end of the turn.
No, this is incorrect.

If you attack territory A, 3 times, each time the defender gets -1 to their low die.
If you then attack territory B, then switch back to territory A, the defender no longer gets the -1 to the low die.

I think what he is saying is he is player A and attacking from territory 1 and then from territory 2 against player B in territory 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stubob007 Shannon
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you are put down the basic 8 troops down at the start of the game. Then after everyone puts down their starting troops and HQ each player ADD another 3 unites at the start of the their turn?

Also do HQ's get a die when they are defending? As if the defender has one unite the attacker has 3. The Attacker rolls 3 die and the defender rolls 1 or 2?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens V
Germany
Ibbenbüren
flag msg tools
Too hot to hoot
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stubob007 wrote:
So, you are put down the basic 8 troops down at the start of the game. Then after everyone puts down their starting troops and HQ each player ADD another 3 unites at the start of the their turn?

Exactly.
Quote:

Also do HQ's get a die when they are defending? As if the defender has one unite the attacker has 3. The Attacker rolls 3 die and the defender rolls 1 or 2?

Only one, the HQ does NOT count as a troop.
I.e. you also can't move out the last troop from the territory with your HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stubob007 Shannon
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JV, what does the pouch mean when it says, "Open when one person gets to sign the board for a second time."

Does this mean, you open it when a player wins for a second time.

Or when a player puts down a second minor city.

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens V
Germany
Ibbenbüren
flag msg tools
Too hot to hoot
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It means you open it when a player wins for a second time (and thus gets to sign the board).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.