Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Mann
United Kingdom
Wigan
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still on the fence about getting this, but I was wondering: Are the expansions all limited edition? Because if I can't expand it I'm worried the game will run dry fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything Adam Poots puts out should ALWAYS be considered a limited edition. Any reprints are strictly a by chance proposition......

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
Anything Adam Poots puts out should ALWAYS be considered a limited edition. Any reprints are strictly a by chance proposition......

-Ski

By those terms, all board games are limited editions.

If you're asking how long until they sell out and you can't get them? No one knows. Some things sell out in a matter of hours. Some things have been on the website continously. The base game has been up since late November with no hint that it's running low. Right now we don't even know WHEN the expansions are coming, let along how long they'll be around when they get here.

I would recommend being in for at least one of everything though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
As sirgalin noted, the base game has been up for months and hasn't sold out. I imagine Adam will be printing similar numbers of all the expansions, so don't be afraid you won't be able to get it all.

That said, it sounds like some have pre-sold by a lot (Dragon King is one I saw mentioned), so they might run out more quickly. I don't see any reason he wouldn't do reprints though - he already has the molds for the models, and he frequently reprints his most popular minis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any resins for sure are pretty hard to get hold of if you miss the first couple hours of them going on sale. But I imagine most plastic stuff will see a much larger amount of stock, and none of the expansions are considered limited edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the base game will give you 30 to 40 hours of gameplay without the expansions and has enough content to keep you playing through and enjoying all 30 to 40 hours of it. If 40 hours for the cost of the game isnt good enough for you then you would probably need the expansions at more cost or you should avoid buying the game.

Personally i wont be playing through the game again until i get the expansions having played through the base campaign and clocking close to 40 hours im kind of burnt out on it. But it has been one of the greatest board gaming experiences i have ever had.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Quarmby
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't think people quite answered your question. The answer is 'No' they are not limited editions. There are a couple of figures that were kick-starter exclusive, and some free add-on types of things, but pretty sure none of add-on game material / expansions are exclusive or limited - not even the special missions which are now available for download on the website.

Now of course this is said with a normal respect for the game industry - there are still the concepts of production runs, where it will be available from etc. If you do go ahead, sign up on the website for the newsletter / notification - the best place to buy asap is likely to stay the Kingdom Death website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

By those terms, all board games are limited editions.

If you're asking how long until they sell out and you can't get them? No one knows. Some things sell out in a matter of hours. Some things have been on the website continously. The base game has been up since late November with no hint that it's running low. Right now we don't even know WHEN the expansions are coming, let along how long they'll be around when they get here.

I would recommend being in for at least one of everything though.

Prepare for like a $600 hit possibly and sign up for the news letter. As for reprints, the production chain of china -> stateside is at the minimum probably half a year. They need a production block with both the minis guys, the printer, and transpacific shipping. CNY just started so if they haven't been loaded yet, the soonest we're looking at is probably March to begin crossing the sea.

Depending on how much KS stuff gets pumped with a game or the scope of the print run, yeah, a lot of my games could be said to be limited editions. Short of my FFG collection I KS way too much crap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason H
msg tools
Teamski wrote:

-Ski

Any board game is a limited edition on a long enough time scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tod Hostetler
United States
California
flag msg tools
Anyone Please correct me if I'm wrong on this:

The expansion events seem to be all included in the freely available http://www.kingdomdeath.com/downloads/Book-3-19.pdf

So, if you're not financially capable or willing (or weren't fast enough) to buy the specific limited edition mini's, you can still play the content. Just sub in a mini of your choice from your own collection, or create a suitable one from the embarrassing wealth of parts provided in the base game.

I mean, who's to say what 'Paul the Survivor' or 'Allison the Twilight Knight' looks like in YOUR personal journey through the dark. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soldatdizzy wrote:
Anyone Please correct me if I'm wrong on this:

The expansion events seem to be all included in the freely available http://www.kingdomdeath.com/downloads/Book-3-19.pdf

So, if you're not financially capable or willing (or weren't fast enough) to buy the specific limited edition mini's, you can still play the content. Just sub in a mini of your choice from your own collection, or create a suitable one from the embarrassing wealth of parts provided in the base game.

I mean, who's to say what 'Paul the Survivor' or 'Allison the Twilight Knight' looks like in YOUR personal journey through the dark. Right?

The promo events are certainly available on the website, but the actual full scale expansions (Dragon King/Sunstalker/Lonely Tree & etc.) aren't and won't be. I don't see them being limited edition, though. With the way hard plastic production functions, the last thing Adam wants to do is artificially limit stock. The expansions might not end up being as readily available as the base game, but I expect, as long as Kingdom Death remains viable as a company in the near future, you can expect to be able to find them popping up pretty frequently on the online store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.