Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Ghost Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: Using circle of prayer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary o
United States
Roseville
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I move to circle of prayer and place a tao token,can I exorcise a ghost immediately or do I have to wait until my next turn?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
Normally, you can either visit a villager or exorcise a ghost, not both within the same round. Placing the tao token on the Circle of Prayer is what you do when you visit that villager.

The Blue monk is capable of having a special ability that allows him to both visit and exorcise in the same round.
5 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Honore
France
Berzé la ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After movement, you may chose to either :
a) exorcise ghosts adjacent to the tile you're standing on
b) ask for the villager's help ("activate the tile where you're standing")

You cannot do both.

I hope this helps.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary o
United States
Roseville
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for your answers
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw. What you probably are REALLY confused about is this:

Even with Circle of prayer showing a color, the ghosts of that color with power 1 ARE NOT automatically removed from the game.
You still need to go to them and spend the action to exorcise them. It will be auto-success, but the action will be spent on that.
(Of course, you can combine this auto-success in one action with a different ghost, when exorcising on a corner tile.)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary o
United States
Roseville
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No,I understand that.I just wasn't sure if I could activate that particular tile and exorcise a ghost in one turn.All straight now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Seidel
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If un-haunted, does the circle still have the tao token it had before it became haunted?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
abersen wrote:
If un-haunted, does the circle still have the tao token it had before it became haunted?


Nope, it has to be put on again.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Mcfly
Canada
flag msg tools
I just bought the game and I want to make sure I understand this one given that you normally either ask for the village help of fight a ghost.

So say there is a red token on that village tile, all ghosts resistance are now reduced by one? Even though another monk is not on the village? So you only need to vist the village to either place a token or swap the colour?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Honore
France
Berzé la ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jediskills wrote:
So say there is a red token on that village tile, all ghosts resistance are now reduced by one?

I guess this is a typo, but only red ghosts resistance is lowered.

Quote:
Even though another monk is not on the village? So you only need to vist the village to either place a token or swap the colour?

Yep ! This is one of the best tile.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Mcfly
Canada
flag msg tools
nomrefuse wrote:
Jediskills wrote:
So say there is a red token on that village tile, all ghosts resistance are now reduced by one?

I guess this is a typo, but only red ghosts resistance is lowered.

Quote:
Even though another monk is not on the village? So you only need to vist the village to either place a token or swap the colour?

Yep ! This is one of the best tile.


Great, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.