Munchkin» Forums » General

Subject: Cloudhead's Munchkin-Bit Custom Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S M

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Heya, this is Cloudhead64. I'm a big fan of Munchkin, so much that I bought most of the expansion sets to go with it. Though even after getting all those, that wasn't enough for me. I heard SteveJacksonGames sold blank cards, and I like to draw. So I thought I'd try my hand at making some custom cards of my own. So I'll be showing some here, if it's okay. So, let's get started!

These were from the 1st batch I ever got. This was long ago, and I only used some of the blank cards. I lost the rest from this set, so sadly, these are the only ones I made. Sorry if the drawings and writing look poor, especially the 1st one. It was my first card ever.

Well, I hope to show more later, and let me know what you think of these! Thanks ~

Cloudhead64
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
baker mouse
United States
brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they look great! (my favorites are the blue box and witch drawings)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S M

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks! I liked that design as well. I'm pretty happy with the Maid Knight and Weapons Master as well!

Here are some new cards. These are new ones I made a few weeks ago. I hope there is a noticeable difference between these and the old...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
baker mouse
United States
brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drawings are looking more confindent
What kind of medium or you using on them? Looks like colored pencil? Are you having issues with any of it smudging?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Your cards are very very good, similar quality of the original ones!

Are you planning on printing them instead of writing on them?

You could even give them away for free, letting people just buy you a coffee/beer in a local coffee shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S M

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks! I like to think I got better in the time between the old and the new. I use inking pens with sizes .1 , .05, and .03. And coloring, I use copic markets. Smudging was very much an issue while making these.I had to wait a minute or so for the ink to dry. It was terrible when it did smudge. I'd have to erase some text and hope the card wouldn't be ruined. Luckily, I didn't ruin any cards. After the card is done and left to dry, they are good to play.

And on another question, these were drawn on the cards. I'm not sure how printing them works, so I didn't do that option. I don't know if SteveJacksonGames would be okay with me giving these away, haha...

Anyways, here's more cards. Thanks for the comments! : D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S M

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Heya, Cloudhead here again with more custom cards. These start going into the 2nd set of blanks I bought, which I wanted to focus more on making monsters. So these next batch of cards may be kind of different from the previous cards. Hope you all enjoy these.

Cloudhead64

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S M

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Heya, Cloudhead here again with some more custom cards. This batch consists mostly of monsters, minus 2 of them. Most of them are based on video game characters, haha...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S M

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Heya, Cloudhead here again. This is the last batch of cards I have left. I only had treasure cards left, so they are mostly item ones. I hope they are interesting though. Thanks again to who commented here, and I hope you all enjoyed seeing my cards.

Cloudhead64

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Velazquez
Uruguay
Las Piedras
Canelones
flag msg tools
mb
Wow! very cool, i think to implement them in my games, you art its very good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S M

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks!I tried to make nice looking art for the cards, as well as make new ideas for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mate, why don't you make your own game? Name it something else and create your own rules and cards.
Creating cards for munchkin is surely fan, but with the strict licencing policy that they follow you are not going to make any -good- money.
So you can create these cards for free in order to promote your own card game and get some real money in your hands.
And of course you should copywrite your cards as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cr is
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second what the previous poster said. You should consider your own (crowdfunded) game, you've got the drawing skills and good ideas for card types.

Considering there's one-shot third party artist editions these days I'll say there's no harm in asking if they would consider you for an official set. They might say No anyway but you'll know they were secretly hoping to play with your cards as soon as they saw the pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.