Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After some 20 tries, I'm glad to report it's not impossible. I'm sure I've made some mistake but after checking the logs, I cannot find it.

My first idea was to push with XLVII but after I took Bastogne, I run out of steam. Lots of RB to deal with, and too few units. The allies kept reinforcing the south shoulder as fast as I advanced so I couldn't leave my flank unguarded.

So I decided to push north. It looked so much harder, but eventually the allies decided to attack me near Stavelot. It didnt' go well for them and I regained initiative.

The allies kept punishing units from the LXXX with tank batallions, paradroping supplies to pocketed units and in the evening of dec 22, a massive attack lead by Patton himself wiped out the first american panzer unit near Bastogne.

Minutes after that, panzers from the ISS crossed the Mose near Huy, and Peiper escaped to Antwerp -- after being so close to seize Liege.

Final result: 57VP at the end of dec22.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! And great job on the animation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool report!
I had no idea there was a VASSAL module out already. Awesome. Usually I prefer to play physical, but I might try playing this one on the computer to keep the table free for quicker games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank cavallaro
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I had no idea there was a VASSAL module out already

I think that's Cesar's home grown module... the offical one is forthcoming

thanks
frank
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Great report Cesar! Love the animation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! You give me hope! I'm on 18 December, have captured Bastogne and starting to push across the Our River, enroute (I hope) to Dinant. Took Elsenborn and most of the ridge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck, and if you want a little advice, save every army or army group card and use them as "manteuffel" events. Took me a while to notice that event is "this day only" just in 2P game. I've abused manteuffel so much since!

Hope to hear about your victory soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure that's such a great idea. Those cards are the best way to move lots of units fast. Spending them on an event in one battle doesn't sound so good a lot of the time.

NoMasOvejas wrote:
save every army or army group card and use them as "manteuffel" events. Took me a while to notice that event is "this day only" just in 2P game. I've abused manteuffel so much since!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Klyuykov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thank you for grear AAR, César! Any tips how to create such a cool animation? =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
"Manteuffel Directs Traffic" is a Special Event, not a Command Event. Army and AG cards can be played as any command event, but not as a special event.

Furthermore as noted on the card listing the Manteuffel event, it is only valid if played on December 19.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So... I guess that would deny me this victory. Sorry guys ill give your thumbs up back.

Now ive got a reason to try again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MoriQuessir wrote:
Thank you for grear AAR, César! Any tips how to create such a cool animation? =)

Just an animated gif created from slightly edited screenshots.

John Butterfield wrote:
Army and AG cards can be played as any command event, but not as a special event

So it's only Bridge Engineers and Commandos, right?

Commandos event is restricted to 16-18 on the card, but not on the player aid, should it be restricted to those dates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NoMasOvejas wrote:
John Butterfield wrote:
Army and AG cards can be played as any command event, but not as a special event

So it's only Bridge Engineers and Commandos, right?

Commandos event is restricted to 16-18 in the card, but not on the player aid, should it be restricted to those dates?

Good question!

If it's only valid on 16-18, then I think I'll note that on the player aid card since otherwise it would be very easy to forget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.