Subject: Expired/unanswered offers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G Strobel
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What percentage of your trade offers expire or go unanswered? just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Portage
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
75%....it sucks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess 50%+, but I haven't made one in years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm of the feeling that if you just aren't going to answer trade offers, then don't list stuff for trade. I'm not saying you have to give me the ol' "On a dark and stormy night...," explanation, but even a Declined Trade response would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that just sending a geekmail to ask if they are interested will tell you if you have a possible trade and doesn't tie up your game for 3 days.

I really wish trades were more popular.

I know people hate shipping them, but if I can trade a $40 game that I don't care for anymore, pay $15 for shipping and get a $40 game I'm interested in...I look at that as a success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Bishop
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I'm of the feeling that if you just aren't going to answer trade offers, then don't list stuff for trade. I'm not saying you have to give me the ol' "On a dark and stormy night...," explanation, but even a Declined Trade response would be nice.

I'm of the opinion that you don't start the trade process off with an official trade offer. Almost never do I get one of those that's both fair and desirable. Sending GeekMails first doesn't lock you into waiting 3 days for a response before asking someone else, and is generally a more pleasant experience than a chain of trade system counter-offers. I do agree of course that it's still polite to officially decline if you don't want a trade being offered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zarm R'keeg

Pennsylvania
msg tools
I send a geekmail first, to ask if there would be any interest, rather than sending an offer directly. I would say that approximately 25%-30% (based on actual lists tracking who I've heard back from or not, in some cases) ever actually bother to write me anything. Which is annoying. But on the plus side, even though almost all of that 25-30% are polite refusals, at least they are always POLITE refusals. I have about 4 pages worth of refusal messages, and of all of those, only 2 people have ever been jerks or scoffed about the 'value differential'.

So, there may not be a lot of 'yes'es, but at least the 'no's are kind. It's the stony silence that is far too plentiful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.