Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavier Lloyd
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My bro and I played about 5 rounds last night with him using Lucius (promo) for each duel. I used Vanaah for the first match and Hepzibah for the other 4 and in each case I won pretty convincingly (except the last one).

Lucius had a hard time getting his UA going for the most part because he just couldn't stun Hep. She was always faster and would nearly always stun him out of attacks. To tell the truth, during the duels Hep did more damage to herself than Lucius did to her.

The last duel was very epic and I'm sure we went over the 15 beat limit (but I couldn't be bothered to track). It ended with Hep on 1 health and Lucius counter playing very well. Surprisingly, the duel ended without Lucius even unlocking one of his shackles. Hep got hit once for 4 damage and all the other damage she did to herself.

I'm thinking my brother just needed some time to learn the matchup and when he gets a chance to unlock a shackle, knowing which one is best. I also think that maybe the promo characters aren't balanced as tightly as the core characters.

Any thoughts on a valid strategic points for Lucius against Hepzibah? Thinking of cross-posting this to the Dev forum too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My impression is that Lucius is weak in general because he has to forfeit 5-6 damage to get running, and especially weak against characters with defensive options. He needs either a Ignore Stun Guard Style, or Somersault needs a buff because I have yet to see that Base hit. Because its movement effect is mandatory, it actually misses in a lot of positions unless paired with Dancing or Sliding, and even then it has trouble.

One thing to consider is that unlike a lot of other characters, who either like to be at range 1-and-sometimes-2 or range 3+, Lucius seems to want to be at range 2 or 3, but has very few offensive abilities that also help him maintain that range safely. I suppose Dancing or Agile Burst could work if you're up against someone with bad hit confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.