Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy B
United Kingdom
Mold
Clwyd
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, got a lovely email from Amazon UK advising me that my Star Wars Rebellion release date has slipped from March 15th to April 22nd.

This is not to say that Amazon is correct....but it has made me a little sad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Browne
United Kingdom
Loughborough
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Amazon and all other online release dates are notoriously unreliable. I tend to totally ignore them.

FFG themselves said "Marchish" So I imagine we'll get it in the UK by end of March/Beginning of April
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If its gone back that far they might as well hang on a little bit longer and release it on May 4th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonboyjon wrote:
Amazon and all other online release dates are notoriously unreliable. I tend to totally ignore them.

FFG themselves said "Marchish" So I imagine we'll get it in the UK by end of March/Beginning of April

Amazon does not change dates without distributors though, so they did get notification at least from one distributor, that it will be delayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donagh Molloy
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got that email as well and there was me hoping the date was brought forward when I saw the email cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Garrett
msg tools
For what it's worth, Fantasy Flight's Under the Pyramids went from being listed on Amazon with a "Before Christmas" arrival date to "probably a month after Christmas-" and then ended up arriving perhaps on December 15, 2015. So, Amazon's pessimistic "updates" have turned out to be wildly inaccurate very recently!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trust not in this devils spawn of a company ...they have let me down so many times on preorders I would never advise any one to use them unless no other choice. I have had games with them and player guides on preorder for months and months ...then out the blue along comes an email your order is cancelled without any reason given ...

Terrible people, and it seems they don't have any system in place to halt orders when they know they can't meet them ...

This game is very popular so it will be will not be out of circulation too long even if the first print run sells out in minutes ...FFG I am sure can adjust their print volume ...they are a very professional organisation now ...well sometimes ...they need to get the official FAQ for Warhammer Quest card game out a little more pronto lol...

Further, by the time second print run arrives ...most of the errata and rules issues should have been sorted out ...it is FFG after all so there will be errata and many rules questions ...

Unless some one can show me a game recent or old that has not had errata or a host of rules questions published by them ...I can't think of any that I own ATM ...

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.