The reason I have quotations around archetype is because there isn't a very well defined "archetype" parsay currentely in the game. They are small, but they still do exist. So I was wondering what everyone's favorite archetype is.
My first deck built was a Wild Dinosaur Deck, and I <3 it.
I've also seen a lot of Dragon decks being thrown around also (making my own right now).
Gotta be Mono Sage Control - Sage outta the box, vs any other colour precon. I love returning things to hand, drawing things, making them discard, neutralising with chump blockers, expending their things, expending my things, doing lots of Recycles, and then finally walking all over them with my big wincon champions once their deck and board state are a ruin.
I'm currently making a wild wurm deck that'll hopefully turn out pretty cool. Big ol' attacks.
Fat monsters and burn. So yeah, I love red and green in MtG and naturally love Wild in Epic.
Total unplayed games in my collection: 4
I've made 5 decks that work really well, but my Leacher of Souls deck is by far the most satisfying to win with.
In the early game spend your turns using the Draw 2 options on your events. The key is aggressively overdrawing and discarding useful cards. Don't worry, everything will come back to life. Memory Spirit returns events while Necromancer Lord, Corpse Taker, and Final Task resurrect champions.
I never waste a gold playing Soul Hunter. I always overdraw and discard Soul Hunters so they'll enter play for free.
Hold onto Drinker of Blood (DoB) until you can get a Surprise Attack and a board wipe in your hand. Don't be afraid to take a bit of a beating early on – you will heal. I've come back from 1 health with this deck and ended that game with over 30.
Use Frost Giant to stall your opponent.
Use Murderous Necromancer and Dark Assassin to break immediate threats. Most times, Forcemage Apprentice, Fire Shaman, Pyromancer, and Blue Dragon are bigger threats than the real big champs.
1) Opponents turn – Surprise Attack with DoB. Your turn – Zombie Apocalypse + Wither
2) DoB in play + Attack with all Zombie Tokens + Spike Trap your own Zombie Tokens
3) Chaining a Necromancer Lord to resurrect another Necromancer Lord to resurrect another Necromancer Lord in the discard before resurrecting a desirable champion
4) Final Task to resurrect unbreakable champions
5) Opponents turn – Surprise Attack with Loyalty 2 Necromancer Lord and resurrect a champ. Play during an opponent's attack to pull out something big to block with. Play at the end of an opponents turn to pull out DoB, Muse, or any champ with a useful expend ability.
x3 Corpse Taker
x3 Dark Knight
x3 Guilt Demon
x2 Angel of Death
x2 Dark Assassin
x3 Drinker of Blood
x3 Final Task
x3 Murderous Necromancer
x3 Necromancer Lord
x3 Soul Hunter
x3 Zombie Apocalypse
x2 Spike Trap
x2 Frost Giant
x3 Ancient Chant
x3 Crystal Golem
x3 Memory Spirit
x3 Stand Alone
x3 Surprise Attack
Unbreakable Army of the Apocalypse.
Here are a list of other notable archetypes;
Wild Direct Damage
Good & Evil Tokens
Sage Health Gain Control
Mono Sage Control
Good & Sage Dragons
Evil Sage Control
Wild Sage Aggro
Wild Sage Control
Mono Wild Monsters
Some of these cross over each other in many ways so they may not be exactly archetypes but, meh "archetype."
- Last edited Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:56 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:56 pm