Ra» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Con of the North - A Ra deal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Sarasio Meyer
United States
Forest City
flag msg tools
No Really. Do. or Do not. There is no Try.
Nothing here there is. Look elsewhere you must.

I had a chance to play Ra four times at the Con of the North in Minneapolis over the weekend.
In the first game:
There were four of us playing with one first time, one who had played a few times before (Me) and two veterens. Quick explination of the rules and we were off and running. Ra was kind in the game, but the Monuments were rather tricky to get. The first epoch ended with everyone getting some points. The second round the Nile came out everywhere. We all had flods and a lot of Nile tiles, but the civilizations were a little harder to come by. Due to the rivers, everyone was positive again. The third epoch hit with the Red Ra dropping quickly. It came down to the two experienced players. Craig had a bid left and went deep with only two red Ra's to go and ended up losing due to greed.
Game two:
Three players this time. Monuments came from everywhere this time. But red Ra was a bit more involved. Tim, playing his second game, had a rough first epoch and ended up scoring negative 3. The second epoch was much better for him, but I found a nitch in the Nile and also was able to get a lot of monuments. Our third, Joel, had bids left, but ran into bad luck and got a couple of destruction tiles causing him to not get many tiles with his last two bids. The third epoch hit and red Ra came out with a vengience. Ending that epoch quickly. At the end of the game, I won my first game of Ra.
Game three:
Later in the day, with a new threesome. Nick, Micheal, and me. Micheal was a first timer and Nick had only played a little before. A couple of very good bids early in the first epoch gave me a ton of Pharohs and nile tiles. I scored big, with the other two getting started slow. The second epoch came with more Nile and Pharohs for me,plus some luck with monuments. I was able to get a lot of good auctions due to high tile numbers. The third epoch hit and I was way out front. I won some auctions early and hoped for Red Ra to take it home for me. He obligied and I was able to pull out a big vicotry.
Game four:
Same three, plus added two more. One very experienced on line player and one newbie. Newbie made a couple of mistakes early on in the first epoch. He got some bad deals and low auction numbers. The online player controled the game by envolking Ra about every round. The second epoch was more of the same and even when the online guy didn't invole Ra he drew a red Ra so the auctions always seemed to start with him. The thrid epoch hit with the writing on the wall. Online won decidedly, with Micheal second.

Good day of Ra for me. I got to play four games and was able to win two of them.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.