Subject: What We Want - Brother Against Brother Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blushThe What we know thread can be accessed here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1524096/what-we-know-theres...

In order to keep that thread clean, let's post all our hopes, dreams, speculation, impatient comments and gripes here. Take advantage of this thread and leave the other one as clean as possible of non-essential, unconfirmed information!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What we want - Brother against brother edition
The Team-up option is intriguing. Will it be PVP like in Vs.?
Will each side have it's own commander?
Will we finally get a Coordinate Keyword? What?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cap and Iron Man each as Commanders!
Would be appropriate if they used Hero terminology for playable characters and Villains terminology for Commanders & Adversaries, or even Villains terminology throughout, though I'm not holding my breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be cool if they gave us duplicates:
8 heroes from Cap's side and 8 heroes from Iron Man's side =224 cards
5 masterminds/commanders => 2x Iron Man (1 mastermind and 1 Commander Iron Man) and 2x Cap (1 mastermind and 1commander iron man) + Baron Zemo = 25 cards
And 4 villain/adversary groups, featuring members of pro and anti registratin as villains and adversaries + 1 villain group led by Baron Zemo => 40 cards
+ 1 henchmen group / 1 adversary group => 20 cards
+ 8 schemes = 8 cards
+ 3 bystander cards

This leaves 30 cards , which I suppose will form a common pool from which players can draw for the teaming-up mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
5 masterminds/commanders => 2x Iron Man (1 mastermind and 1 Commander Iron Man) and 2x Cap (1 mastermind and 1commander iron man) + Baron Zemo = 25 cards
And 4 villain/adversary groups, featuring members of pro and anti registratin as villains and adversaries + 1 villain group led by Baron Zemo => 40 cards
+ 8 schemes = 8 cards
+ 3 bystander cards

This leaves 30 cards , which I suppose will form a common pool from which players can draw for the teaming-up mode.

How would Commander Iron man and MasterMind Iron man be different?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
az933k wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:
+ 8 schemes = 8 cards
+ 3 bystander cards

How would Commander Iron man and MasterMind Iron man be different?

Different tactics/ abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I want:

(1) No Villains terminology. OK, fine, Captain America and Iron Man can be "Commanders", but definitely no "Allies" or "Adversaries". Any other Masterminds should be Masterminds.

(2) At least 3 henchmen groups. A.I.M. finally, please?

(3) Lots of Avengers heroes: Vision, Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man, Quicksilver....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think just because of the nature of the story this is based on - we're going to be seeing a lot more "heroes" as "villains". It doesn't really matter to me what they're called, as we barely pay attention to that during the game - but I think we'll be seeing a lot more heroic characters pop up in the city to fight against.

I'm expecting many characters to appear twice - as both recruitable characters and folks you fight against.

I think and Iron Man & Captain America Mastermind/Commander are all but a given - which is interesting as it would make Iron Man the first repeat Mastermind/Commander (unless the rumours about a second Red Skull in the Cap small-box are true).

I have high hopes for the team-mode. In my head I'm seeing a whole new way to play the game, with each team choosing a Commander/Mastermind which they must protect. No scheme, but something completely different. No idea how to pull this off, as balancing the different Masterminds against each other is damn near impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see Iron Man and Cap Commanders (agree, this terminology keep, but that is it) each one will lead a special group of villains: Pro-reg; Anti-reg; As far as the rest I would like to see Norman Osborne and the Dark Avengers (this is the same storyline, right?)

Having a dup mastermind won't be too odd I mean we have a ton of duplicate heroes and all of them play different

New Team mode might mean each side has a commander and when a master strike comes out, you are not affected by your commanders masterstrike.

Reality is that this set will probably be based on Civil War 2 story line and whatever will be happening in that story as far as creating a rift among the heroes (I have no idea, I still need to read Fear Itself and Secret Wars)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
az933k wrote:
I would like to see Iron Man and Cap Commanders (agree, this terminology keep, but that is it) each one will lead a special group of villains: Pro-reg; Anti-reg; As far as the rest I would like to see Norman Osborne and the Dark Avengers (this is the same storyline, right?)

Having a dup mastermind won't be too odd I mean we have a ton of duplicate heroes and all of them play different

New Team mode might mean each side has a commander and when a master strike comes out, you are not affected by your commanders masterstrike.

Reality is that this set will probably be based on Civil War 2 story line and whatever will be happening in that story as far as creating a rift among the heroes (I have no idea, I still need to read Fear Itself and Secret Wars)

It will not be based on this summer's Civil War, since that does not involve a rift between Cap and Iron Man. The info from the distributors shows that the expansion will be based on Civil War 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying to speculate the usual 15 heroes, but it's not proving easy because we don't know for sure anything about the Cap set.
My list of likelies would be comprised of both the comics and the movie.
My movie list is:
Vision
Ant Man
Scarlet Witch
War Machine
Falcon (Maybe classic, if Captain Falcon is in the Cap set)
Winter Soldier (Not so sure, because it looks like he'll be in the Cap set)
Then because you really can't have Scarlet Witch/ Ant Man without Quicksilver/ Wasp, them too.

As for the comics, I would expect another version of Cap, Iron Man and Spider-Man, because in the main Civil War book, those three are really the main characters.

I would also expect to see both a Cap and Iron Man mastermind, with each leading their own Avengers team. For bonus points, both the 'Avengers team Villain Groups' will have a version of Spider-Man.

We'll also likely see a villain group based on the Stamford Incident with Nitro, and the other three guys that didn't blow Stamford up.

So if we assume the usual numbers for a big box, that leaves room for 4-5 more heroes, 3 henchman groups, 2 masterminds and 4 villain groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh and I hope this set goes back to using original art and not images from the comics like Secret Wars did, because with all respect to McNiven, Civil War is a very ugly book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Trainer Nick wrote:
As for the comics, I would expect another version of Cap, Iron Man and Spider-Man, because in the main Civil War book, those three are really the main characters.

Iron Spider Confirmed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
characters that would be cool and would make sense to have (based on the comics and on MCU)

1. Iron Spider
2. Luke Cage
3. Falcon
4. Vision
5. Winter Soldier
6. Ant-Man
7. Quicksilver
8. Jessica Jones
9. Hellcat
10. Penance
11. War machine
12. Wasp
13. Wonder Man
14. Scarlet Witch
15. Cloak& Dagger
16. She-Hulk.

My guess is that we won't have another playable Cap/Iron-Man. I also believe that we'll see the cool Thor-Ragnarok robot in one of the villain groups and that the Thunderbolts are a given. However, I do not believe that they will be included as playable characters. What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
characters that would be cool and would make sense to have (based on the comics and on MCU)

1. Iron Spider
2. Luke Cage
3. Falcon
4. Vision
5. Winter Soldier
6. Ant-Man
7. Quicksilver
8. Jessica Jones
9. Hellcat
10. Penance
11. War machine
12. Wasp
13. Wonder Man
14. Scarlet Witch
15. Cloak& Dagger
16. She-Hulk.

My guess is that we won't have another playable Cap/Iron-Man. I also believe that we'll see the cool Thor-Ragnarok robot in one of the villain groups and that the Thunderbolts are a given. However, I do not believe that they will be included as playable characters. What do you think?

I think most of your guesses are likely, in that it will be a catch up for Avengers characters. Unless, of course, each character is given an "Iron Man" team icon or a "Captain America" team icon. Now, I would like to see adversary/villain groups called "Secret Avengers" and "Mighty Avengers" for the rumoured Captain America or Iron Man commanders to face.

Love the hero guesses, but I'm hoping we'll see Spectrum and Mockingbird in there - not a big part of Civil War, but a nice nod to Avengers continuity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trainer Nick wrote:
Oh and I hope this set goes back to using original art and not images from the comics like Secret Wars did, because with all respect to McNiven, Civil War is a very ugly book.

Really? Civil War was what made me a McNiven fan! Oh well, different strokes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
az933k wrote:

Hmmmm......methinks you may be onto something here..........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ward
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my guess from a couple months ago.

I hope to see:
Heroes(Allies)
1. Iron Spider (Pro-Reg/Spider Friends)
2. Ms Marvel (Pro-Reg/Avengers)
3. Antman(Pymm)(Pro-Reg/Avengers)
4. She-Hulk (Pro-Reg/Avengers)
5. Baron Zemo (Pro-Reg/Thunderbolts)
6. Songbird (Pro-Reg/Thunderbolts)
7. Penance (Pro-Reg/Avengers)
8. Luke Cage (Anti-Reg/MK)
9. Jessica Jones(Anti-Reg/MK)
10. Quicksilver (Anti-Reg/Avengers)
11. Falcon (Anti-Reg/Avengers)
12. Goliath (Anti-Reg/Avengers)
13. Patriot (Anit-Reg/Young Avengers)
14. Vision (Anti-Reg/Young Avengers)

Master Minds
1. Captain America (Always Leads Anti-Reg)
2. Iron Man (Always Leads Pro-Reg)
3. Maria Hill (Always Leads Cape Killers)
4. Namor (Always Leads Atlantian Agents)

Villains (Adversaries)

1. Anti-Reg (Recruitable) - Hercules, Cable, Cloak, Dagger
2. Pro-Reg (Recruitable) - Wonderman, Deadpool, Thor Clone, Sentry
3. Thunderbolts Division (Recruitable)- Swordsman, Smuggler, Atlas, Radioactive Man, Beetles, King Cobra, Jack-O-Lantern, Norman Osborn
4. Young Avengers / Runaways (Recruitable) - Wiccan, Hulkling, Hawkeye(Kate Bishop), Stature, Nico Minoru, Molly Hayes, Xavin, Karolina Dean

Henchman
1. Cape Killers
2. Atlantian Agents
3. Nano-bots? (Maybe they take control of a villain from your victory pile)

Note: I'd love to see Characters like Hercules, Sentry, Thunderbolts, Young A's, and Run Aways as playable characters... There are just bigger names that are more important.
Also, I came up with this list right after reading through the story line, with all of the tie-ins, and I'm pretty proud of it. But, I'm still open to discussion on any part of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to see this released as a big box containing one card. The "Super Hero Civil War" scheme from the base set. And a note from Upper Deck that says "WE GOT NOTHING ELSE TO GIVE"

And I want it to be released on April first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unrelated to content, I would really prefer this "Big Box" to be physically smaller since the content takes up such an overall small amount of the actual box. And, when the sets are combined in other boxes, now you've got a nice, unused box just sitting around collecting dust and occupying space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Unrelated to content, I would really prefer this "Big Box" to be physically smaller since the content takes up such an overall small amount of the actual box. And, when the sets are combined in other boxes, now you've got a nice, unused box just sitting around collecting dust and occupying space.

I would actually like for this expansion to b e the big box storage solution speculated a while ago
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
AdelinDumitru wrote:
I would actually like for this expansion to b e the big box storage solution speculated a while ago

The only problem is the "big box" will never be a BIG enough solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
32vini2 wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:

The only problem is the "big box" will never be a BIG enough solution.

Yeah, you are right...but i still hope for at least a big box expansion with a different insert - i quite like the base set insert, though it could be improved upon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ling
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
I would want the set to be heavily focused on the avengers, though I doubt there is a good chance of that happening. If scarlet witch and quicksilver are in the set they will either be x-men or brotherhood.

We'll likely see two new affiliations 'team cap" and "team iron" as excuses to make sure no new avengers are printed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
link11020 wrote:
If scarlet witch and quicksilver are in the set they will either be x-men or brotherhood.

That doesn't seem at all likely to me.

link11020 wrote:
We'll likely see two new affiliations 'team cap" and "team iron" as excuses to make sure no new avengers are printed

Now that I could see Upper Deck doing, but I would be extremely disappointed if the heroes all only had Pro-Registration and Anti-Registration affiliations instead of Avengers affiliations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [20] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.