Subject: 2 Players? One role each or 2 each? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Jones
United States
Greer
SC
flag msg tools
I am very excited to take this game on! But my main gaming partner is my wife. We own and both like and play regular pandemic. So my main question is: Is Legacy fun to do with 2 players? Should we do just one role each or take on 2 roles each? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Most people seem to consider the game easier with 2 players than with 4, so that's one possible consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Prins
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with 2 characters each, but if I played again I would try it with 1 each just to see the difference. So I would say personal preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bruns
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you prefer to identify with your characters, definitely play one each. Having multiple characters makes the game less immersive for some. If this doesn't make any difference to you, the choice as stated above is that four is a bit harder but gives more characters with their specialties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
There's dozens of threads on this topic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaya John
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
wills2084 wrote:
So my main question is: Is Legacy fun to do with 2 players?

Definitely! I'm playing with a friend and we're playing 1 character each, in most games. We started playing Pandemic over New Year's and like it very much. Pandemic Legacy has been even more enjoyable for us so far, in the way the gameplay keeps changing and the way the storyline emerges through the months.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah W
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with two characters each because we really wanted to experience all abilities and player powers. It is harder with four characters in the game but you can always change you player count if between games if you decide one month was too hard/too easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game works fine with two characters but obviously you can play how you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Manning
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
There's dozens of threads on this topic.

And there'll be dozens more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Ah, but how many of them should each of the players read?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
Ah, but how many of them should each of the players read?

Just like Pokémon, you got'ta read 'em all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Try it both ways. Nothing stops you playing 2 characters in one game and 4 in the next, the character development system does not rely on playing the same characters consistently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa Frank
United States
Wahpeton
North Dakota
flag msg tools
I always want to play with 4 characters, so in a three-player game, my husband and daughter each take one and I play two. When it is just me and my daughter (who is 10), she plays one and I play three!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lee
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
animalkah wrote:
I always want to play with 4 characters, so in a three-player game, my husband and daughter each take one and I play two. When it is just me and my daughter (who is 10), she plays one and I play three!

(I still don't have this game yet but planning to.)
My boardgame-mate is mainly just my son, who is ten. As he may not always be available to play this with me, can this game be played by both of us in some "months" with each of us controlling one character, and in other "month" just played by myself with 2 characters when he's not available? Will he miss some track of the story and reduce his fun?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sr20det_fung wrote:
animalkah wrote:

My boardgame-mate is mainly just my son, who is ten. As he may not always be available to play this with me, can this game be played by both of us in some "months" with each of us controlling one character, and in other "month" just played by myself with 2 characters when he's not available? Will he miss some track of the story and reduce his fun?

Thanks.

It's a co-op game with no private information. You can play it solo or with as many people as can fit around the board. On the other hand, why would you want to play ahead solo rather than letting your son share the fun? If you really want to, you can play "friendly" games where you play with the same setup as last time, with all current stickers etc in effect, and just don't make any lasting changes (you may need to do something to allow you to track panic levels during the friendly) rather than pushing ahead and having to explain what happened to catch him up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Lee
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mb
rmsgrey wrote:
sr20det_fung wrote:
animalkah wrote:

Thanks.

It's a co-op game with no private information. You can play it solo or with as many people as can fit around the board. On the other hand, why would you want to play ahead solo rather than letting your son share the fun? If you really want to, you can play "friendly" games where you play with the same setup as last time, with all current stickers etc in effect, and just don't make any lasting changes (you may need to do something to allow you to track panic levels during the friendly) rather than pushing ahead and having to explain what happened to catch him up.

Thanks for your opinions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.