BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: Hello Everyone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Eichenblatt
msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

I'm new to the community and I wanted to introduce myself.

I've always enjoyed board games, but I haven't followed the hobby seriously since school. Maybe that will change.

Also, there was a game I played maybe 20+ years ago that I'd like to hunt down. It was an city/urban planning game with wooden pieces, which was already old when I played it. One of my goals is to find that game again.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mansfield
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome, Douglas! I can't help you with the board game you are seeking from 20+ years ago, but I'm sure plenty of other users can help you out. In the meantime, go get yourself some geek badges or an avatar to show some bling on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Eichenblatt
msg tools
mbmb
Thank you so much. You make me feel welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
From another new user, welcome. I've been here a couple of weeks, and I've really enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you've come to the right place to find that old game. If the people cant identify it...then maybe it was all a dream...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VyroIngo wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new to the community and I wanted to introduce myself.

I've always enjoyed board games, but I haven't followed the hobby seriously since school. Maybe that will change.

Also, there was a game I played maybe 20+ years ago that I'd like to hunt down. It was an city/urban planning game with wooden pieces, which was already old when I played it. One of my goals is to find that game again.

Hi Douglas,

was the game maybe Cathedral?

To find the game, it would probably be best to make a new thread with a title that states what you are looking for. That way, people who are good at/enjoy identifying games are more likely to see it and help you with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Board Game Goat
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WELCOMEblankTOblankBGG!
Hope you like it here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard, and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
Country side area north of Rome
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome here on BGG and some hints.

Since you are new here, may be you missed that Danny Nelson/Sredni Vashtar has sent you the 30 GeekGold required to get your Avatar. This means that to honor his kindness you could get the avatar, declare him to be your first geekbuddy and exert your right to award him the Geek Citizenship Recognition. This last thing is quite new and don't think that is already present in the Guide To BoardGameGeek.

These are the first things that came in my mind to tell you, then have a good search for your game and when you find it report it on this thread, so we will be informed and learn which game it is.

P.S: To help you I've created the links to the pages in which you can find the explications of what are the things I've talked to you about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BLIND PEW
Wales
BRECON
Powys
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome from the Welsh mountains
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Luis Silva
Spain
Plasencia
Extremadura
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome from Spain! Hope you enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
welcomeblankDouglas

You may want to list your collection and rate some games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Welcome sir! Threw you a few GG towards a microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Eichenblatt
msg tools
mbmb
Thanks Kathrin,

It wasn't Cathedral, but that game look interesting! I think I may spend a lot of time here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Eichenblatt
msg tools
mbmb
BlackSheeper wrote:

Since you are new here, may be you missed that Danny Nelson/Sredni Vashtar has sent you the 30 GeekGold required to get your Avatar. This means that to honor his kindness you could get the avatar, declare him to be your first geekbuddy and exert your right to award him the Geek Citizenship Recognition. This last thing is quite new and don't think that is already present in the Guide To BoardGameGeek.

These are the first things that came in my mind to tell you, then have a good search for your game and when you find it report it on this thread, so we will be informed and learn which game it is.

P.S: To help you I've created the links to the pages in which you can find the explications of what are the things I've talked to you about.

Thank you for the links, I appreciate the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Eichenblatt
msg tools
mbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:

Thanks. I will go do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a feder-allergic and I blame the Klingon for not having smashed the Federation in time to save us from Star Trek serials.
mbmbmbmbmb
VyroIngo wrote:
BlackSheeper wrote:
[...]

I will add another hint for you. You can up-thumb what you like, like many of the replies of this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Eichenblatt
msg tools
mbmb
BlackSheeper wrote:
VyroIngo wrote:
BlackSheeper wrote:
[...]

I will add another hint for you. You can up-thumb what you like, like many of the replies of this thread.

Ooo, that's good advise. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Desalvo
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VyroIngo wrote:
BlackSheeper wrote:
VyroIngo wrote:
BlackSheeper wrote:
[...]

Ooo, that's good advise. Thanks!

Two last things that you can find useful. If you need to contact someone for direct information, you can send him a geekmail, you just have to click on the correct little envelope that you see under his id. If you want to be kept up to date on something (game, picture, file person, blog), you just have to subscribe to it. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Board Game Goat
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi and Welcome to BGG!

About the game you're looking for, there's a segment on The Dice Tower's Blender videos called Retro Board Game Corner that only talks about old games. It's awesome. So I wonder if that guy could help find the game you're talking about. Here's a link to the most recent video : http://youtu.be/LLDQXM-VqdE. You could contact the Dice Tower directly or ask in the video comments how to get in touch with the retro board games guy. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Eichenblatt
msg tools
mbmb
dodecalouise wrote:
Hi and Welcome to BGG!

About the game you're looking for, there's a segment on The Dice Tower's Blender videos called Retro Board Game Corner that only talks about old games. It's awesome. So I wonder if that guy could help find the game you're talking about. Here's a link to the most recent video : http://youtu.be/LLDQXM-VqdE. You could contact the Dice Tower directly or ask in the video comments how to get in touch with the retro board games guy. Good luck!

Thank you for the welcome greeting.

The game I was looking (Newtown) was found in another post. The full search-saga is here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1525134/find-my-game-please...

The speed in which the game was find is amazing to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Board Game Goat
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VyroIngo wrote:
dodecalouise wrote:
Hi and Welcome to BGG!

Thank you for the welcome greeting.

The game I was looking (Newtown) was found in another post. The full search-saga is here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1525134/find-my-game-please...

The speed in which the game was find is amazing to me.

Oh that's awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.