Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Schwerdtfeger
United States
Redondo Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, the rules question: The starting castle space sort of looks like the pieces have to count out the individual turrets as spaces. I think that you do not, but does anyone think that you do?

Second, is there an English translation anywhere for the Designer's variants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question on first setup, and came to the same conclusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the turrets are each spaces where you place all of one color of pieces...but they are all considered to be adjacent to the first space on the track. So, the first one to move can go as many spaces as there are pieces of that color initially (like 4 maybe) and the next piece would move one less, etc. I agree, its a little ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
The variants you want are entered in the first message of the General Articles section of this game. Or did you mean other rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I believe the turrets are each spaces where you place all of one color of pieces

Actually, you place one pawn of each color on each turret (and the central space, if required). I don't know why they made them in different colors, but their colors don't match the players', anyway.

Yes, the turrets are separate spaces for the purpose of counting pawns and determining distance of movement, but it seems to be common sense that they are all one step from the road.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.