Subject: North American Release! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Chircop
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, everyone! We're so excited to announce the retail release of our game. As of today, you can find Hands in game stores in North America. We can hardly believe that our game is now on store shelves on the other side of the world!

We want to thank everyone for supporting us from Game Jam to Print and Play, Kickstarter, and now stores! Thank you for believing in us and our little indie game.

To celebrate, we'll be exploring one more relationship, our relationship as we worked on designing the game. We had to work through a lot of Sad before reaching Happy, but it all came together in the end, just like in the game (sometimes).

We'll each be posting a designer diary from our own perspective. It's funny to see how differently we remember things.

Thanks again from both of us!

Yan and Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bolens
msg tools
mb
Picked up the game today and my girlfriend and I are loving it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chircop
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! This is from a US store Daniel?

P.S. I would personally love to see a photo of it on the store shelves . I think that’s legal right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bolens
msg tools
mb
Yes it was from a US store! It was the last copy too, which sadly means no pictures can be taken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take your new copy, go back to the store, and take a picture!! Don't forget to wrap in in plastic to simulate the shrink. Just kidding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
davechi wrote:
Awesome! This is from a US store Daniel?

P.S. I would personally love to see a photo of it on the store shelves . I think that’s legal right?

On the new releases display table at Cloud Cap Games, Portland, Oregon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davechi wrote:
Hi, everyone! We're so excited to announce the retail release of our game. As of today, you can find Hands in game stores in North America. We can hardly believe that our game is now on store shelves on the other side of the world!
Picked up a copy from a store in Pittsburgh, PA, USA on Friday, played it twice (one solo, one 2p) at a Games Day on Saturday. (Lost both times. :( )

Great game! Dave, I only recently noticed that your name was on this project (as I am a backer of the Pursuit of Happiness reprint), and am now looking forward even more to seeing that game show up on my doorstep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chircop
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Trevor! I hope you enjoy that one too then

Interesting that you have played it solo. I have played solo many many times (of course). Interestingly, I find the game much harder solo than with two players. It’s much easier to get caught.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davechi wrote:
Thanks Trevor! I hope you enjoy that one too then :D

Interesting that you have played it solo. I have played solo many many times (of course). Interestingly, I find the game much harder solo than with two players. It’s much easier to get caught.

The solo game was to make sure I had the game down before teaching anyone else. In both cases, we got stuck in the second stage, and in retrospect it was several moves in the making (in keeping with the theme!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.