Signorie» Forums » General

Subject: Info: Replayability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a player who buys few games and therefore when searching for a new title I need to find first a very strong replay value ...

I ask you, how much is replayable this title before you feel that it is always the same?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Tavares
Brazil
Goiânia
Goiás
flag msg tools
Playing 'til death!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shooock wrote:
I'm a player who buys few games and therefore when searching for a new title I need to find first a very strong replay value ...

I ask you, how much is replayable this title before you feel that it is always the same?

I would love to hear about that too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank M.
United States
upstate New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on what constitutes feeling the same?

The dice mechanism makes this a highly replayable game, since you can never enter a game with a pre planned strategy, as in so many other games. Even within a round, the game is so highly tactical that the ever changing combo of available family crests, dice remaining in the pool, round bonuses, which bonuses you have on your mat, which crests you have and still need, position of your men on the tracks, number of men/women ready to place, cash flow, turn order, location bonus tiles that change every round...

I can't imagine a time when I would think I'm done wanting to play this game. But if you don't enjoy the brilliant combo of mechanisms that lead to such intriguing decisions, then maybe you would tire of it at some point?

Simplistically, someone could say, "This is just a set collection game, ho hum." They would be VERY wrong, but if that's all someone can see, then this game isn't one they'd probably want to own.

Signorie is in my Top Ten games and I encourage you to give it a try (and buy.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Shooock wrote:

I think the game is too new to get enough people to weigh this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Chiarvesio
Italy
Torino
Piemonte
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Shooock wrote:

Words from the designer (that would be me whistle):

It kinda falls in the same category of "similar" games with dice drafting/ placement like The Voyages of Marco Polo, Grand Hotel Austria, etc... if you feel these games will look always the same to you after a few plays, then Signorie will be no exception.

If you feel that the dice drafting and the different random setup bonuses and tiles will always make the game different to you, then it will be.

It's more a personal taste issue, I would say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mikols
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Frank and Andrea. Like Andrea said there's no new mechanics here. Dice drafting, set collecting, engine building, resource managing... just like marco polo and grand austria hotel, but it's the way all these mechanics come together in this game! On top of that it's maintains a nice elegant thematic feel though out.

Granted it needs some variants which are easily implemented into the game and they are easy to find here on BGG. As Frank mentioned each game feels different and you can't enter the game with a plan. You have to react to the changing needs of the cities and the outcome of the dice rolls.

I own and have played all 3 games stated above and signorie is my favorite of the bunch. I believe feels less 'samey' than marco and grand austria. It's more brain burning than the other two thus more AP prone but it's also the easiest to teach if you ask me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Fankhanel
United States
Saint Anthony
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chris0zz wrote:
but it's also the easiest to teach if you ask me.

Absolutely agree, partially due to rules video and solid guide by Paul G.
Love this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.