Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this is the 3rd map pack and 1 and 2 are still available, I assume (hope) this is just between printings, and not going away for good. Anyone have any insight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H. T.
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty common in the game industry. A lot of companies, especially FFG, often run out of copies between print runs. It's more practical than risking too much money tied up in inventory. Ticket to Ride is too popular for Africa to go out of print.

You can probably find copies at your local game stores.

It's still in stock at less popular online stores.

This one has it listed at retail, with free shipping at $40.

http://www.gamesbyjames.com/browse.cfm/4,4539.html.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I've never seen that site before. I might have used it when I was looking for Marklin. Though I had a great experience with a bgg seller.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
st moose
msg tools
the stated site is 'out of stock'

anyone know of any game stores with this game 'in stock' and not for the ridiculous prices on amazon and ebay

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Nowakowski
msg tools
It appears to be coming back soon as Amazon allows you to pre-order a copy, a recent change, at $24.99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Franklin
United States
Vale
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's surprising, at this point I figured it was done. (I ended up getting it from a not so local but friendly game store).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Sykes

Peterborough
Cambs
msg tools
What I have heard this week is that this Expansion has been due back in the UK for some time, but has been held up for a number of months. The speculation from my supplier appears to be it is stuck in a freighter which can't dock due to some distributor issues. Doesn't entirely make sense, but I have heard of ships being held back before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
syko42 wrote:
What I have heard this week is that this Expansion has been due back in the UK for some time, but has been held up for a number of months. The speculation from my supplier appears to be it is stuck in a freighter which can't dock due to some distributor issues. Doesn't entirely make sense, but I have heard of ships being held back before.

Probably somebody lacks the necessary locomotive cards to claim the route...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Berman

Virginia
msg tools
mb
Are you saying it's rumored to be in print in the UK but is held up, or that it is held up and will be in print in the UK and US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.