Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Latshaw
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
When I expand the map at the beginning of each age, does the tile I lay down have to be adjacent to where I have "presence"? Or can I place it anywhere it can legally go and then move my capital, even if it is to the other end of the map?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anywhere you want as long it's a legal placement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Mitchell

Peoria
Illinois
msg tools
mb
A different "expanding the map" question:

When the rules say 'each continent tile must be placed adjacent to another already placed continent tile', does the word "adjacent" include placement wherein my newly placed continent tile abuts a previously-placed tile along an edge, but there is another segment of that same edge of the newly-placed tile that does NOT abut a previously placed tiled?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luigi Ferrini
Italy
Castagneto Carducci
Livorno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckm1961 wrote:
A different "expanding the map" question:

When the rules say 'each continent tile must be placed adjacent to another already placed continent tile', does the word "adjacent" include placement wherein my newly placed continent tile abuts a previously-placed tile along an edge, but there is another segment of that same edge of the newly-placed tile that does NOT abut a previously placed tiled?

I'm not sure I've totally understood your question (sorry for my english). :-)
However, when you place a continent tile:
- all the boundaries' constraints between tiles (land with land, sea with sea) must be fullfilled (no constraints about the pre-printed island on the map);
- at least one segment must be adjacent to already placed tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.