Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Food Chain Magnate and Indonesia? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Langer
msg tools
I’ve already picked up a preorder of 1846, and gotten some great feedback on Food Chain Magnate and Indonesia, but I thought it might be worth one more thread to generate some more discussion on these last two games.

If you only had the money for one, would you get FCM or Indonesia and why? Or is there another game that you feel surpasses these for depth and play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
It's hard to remember we're alive for the first time. It's hard to remember we're alive for the last time.
mbmbmbmbmb
if you've got the scratch, get 'em both! They generally will be retain their value pretty well. ONly $80 shipped if you order from splotter direct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Indonesia and know it much better, so that's the one I'm more confident in. But although Food Chain Magnate is still new to me, it also is interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
I think FCM has more interesting replay-ability to it. More different ways to victory, variable map.

I've played both games several times now, and while I still love Indonesia, I definitely think FCM is a better game overall.

Plus FCM is an awesome 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.