Jamie Titus
Canada
Fredericton
NB
flag msg tools
Fiesty
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eko” is a simple to teach yet hard to master abstract game. Eko” at its heart is a conflict driven abstract strategy game with elements of area control. After each play through you will notice how intelligent its design is and the challenge it provides.

Eko”s goal is 12 victory points through two ways: 1. Construction of buildings and capturing your opponents emperors or 2. Removing all other player’s pieces from the board. Our group found both paths to victory balanced and viable. This game rewards thoughtful aggression and careful planning on where buildings are placed as you can deny your opponents the ability to make their pieces stronger.

The rulebook is well written and very easy to instruct from, I would say you can easily explain the mechanics of the game to anyone in under 10 mins. Within the box I found three full color copies of the rule book in the following languages: English, French and German. Personally I find this to be a nice touch and clearly thee was time spent on clarity and graphic design.

Inside Eko”s box you will find a full color graphically designed functional insert, rule books, 4 player boards, the tiles required for assembling the playing board and a slew of beautiful wooden discs and buildings. The tiles are of a high quality and will stand up to many play plays, the wooden buildings are well cut and painted in 4 different colors and the discs for playing pieces are of high quality and have a wonderful tactile feel. Upon opening my game I had discovered one of my pieces was missing its paint job/embossing entirely upon contacting Sit down games a replacement piece is on its’s way. The customer service I received was top flight and easy to deal with.

Eko” is a beautiful looking game with a distinct ethereal feel to its artwork, the brightly colored wooden pieces contrast nicely against the muted color of the play area. Icons on the player boards and pieces are clear and easy to follow.

Longevity wise Eko” ranks highly in my opinion as the game set up changes every time you play, including placement and assignment of the armies and adding in the unique tiles and expansions is a breeze. Set up and tear down is minimal and is not a massive table hog.

Gameplay is solid with an easy to follow flow to the game, resolution of turns is quick and options available start quite vast but get limited as the game proceeds.

I am a fan of both abstract and conflict driven games, needless to say Eko” has provided this to our gaming group. In addition, it is rare for my wife to enjoy an abstract game but after one play through she immediately wanted to play again and is looking forward to our next game. This game will always have a place in our game collection and we look forward to sharing it with our son. Eko” receives top marks from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I can only read the title of this game in Swedish: Ek (oak) ö (island) - and yes the umlaut means something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Delhez
Belgium
Leuze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great feedback! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.