Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The last time I wrote was back at the beginning of the year when I was still shaky from surgery. I’m now feeling a lot better, and though I’m still not quite 100% I’ve been able to catch up on the backlog of Wing Leader work that was building before Christmas.

This involved sorting out the list of scenarios we were going to focus on for Volume 2, which in turn determined the aircraft data cards we would put in the second box. And like a waterfall this then set the countermix for the game.

We now have this all sorted, so Ian and I can get on with the art. Ian will be doing more aeroplane art this time around. Last time he did about a quarter of the work and this time it’ll be more like a third—and this on a game where we have many more ‘planes to artwork. He’s already gone bonkers in drawing nose art onto all sorts of American fighters. It’s detail you’ll barely see on the printed art, but it’s cool to know it’s there.

Meanwhile, I’ve been digging into the ADCs, finally writing the reverse-side information and the variants. This was important work because in some cases it led me to re-evaluate and re-rate some ADCs (particularly the Japanese). In at least one case it forced me to split one ADC (the Corsair) into two, because the differences between the F4U-1 and F4U-4 were so great. This effort is now done and the ADCs are out with the test team to playtest.

I have just one more job to do before moving onto knocking out lots of pretty aeroplane art, and that’s to do a mockup layout of the countersheets, primarily to test the ID letters and ensure a minimum of overlap.

In short, production is in full swing and we’re getting there. The final scenarios are out with the testers and I’m awaiting more feedback.

As for delivery dates, I’m still not sure on that. I still have one more surgery to come (a minor one, I assure you) but I don’t know what that will do to my work schedule. I’ve signalled to GMT that I will try to aim for an autumn delivery, hopefully in time for a Q4 release date. No word back from GMT on their thoughts yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.